What's Broomhall like?

You have it all on your doorstep, easy access to drugs, firearms and the moorfoot. What more could you want?.

And it's the local shops and takeaways who love the bleedin students ,if they went they would soon go bust.

those students are keeping me in a job too

crookes is far better,but I prefer further out from city centre and even though I live in a council house at lowedges at least I and the most feel safe and most familys have lived there for many years.

Wouldn't live anywhere near city centre as its all a big poop hole !

S10 part of Broomhall is really popular with PHD Students, Professionals and has a good mix of families living there. I have lived here for over 20 years and never had any issues. You will see people write things on here that happened donkey years ago and try to describe the area in the same light.

The area was fully regenerated after the Hanover dual carriageway was opened. Also Havelock Square no longer exists as a number of roads were made one way, with a number of street names changing. The area has a really good community spirit, with the Broomhall Centre in the heart of the community. There is a community garden area on the corner of Havelock Street/Holberry Gardens, which was reformed via a community project and you will find more examples like that throughout the area. There are volunteers as part of the HERB group, who meet every Friday morning to keep the garden area maintained.

Guest busdriver1
S10 part of Broomhall is really popular with PHD Students, Professionals and has a good mix of families living there. I have lived here for over 20 years and never had any issues. You will see people write things on here that happened donkey years ago and try to describe the area in the same light.

The area was fully regenerated after the Hanover dual carriageway was opened. Also Havelock Square no longer exists as a number of roads were made one way, with a number of street names changing. The area has a really good community spirit, with the Broomhall Centre in the heart of the community. There is a community garden area on the corner of Havelock Street/Holberry Gardens, which was reformed via a community project and you will find more examples like that throughout the area. There are volunteers as part of the HERB group, who meet every Friday morning to keep the garden area maintained.

My experience of the area ended 5 years ago when I was re-housed alongside some of my neighbours because of the racial harassment we were suffering. I bumped into one who refused to move about a month ago, she has now moved.

I am aware of the community garden, is it still populated by a separate HERB group at night?

If it is so wonderful why does the Broomhall centre not open at night? I think we know the answer to that one.

You keep telling yourself its fine, you might convince yourself and some gullible people. Those of us who suffered the pain of living there know it for what it is and no amount of wool pulling will convince me otherwise.

I still prefer Crookes ... you get a better class of burglar there.

I always think of the area up to botanical gardens, posh type of area?

But I'm not a sheffielder by nature so must have got it wrong, not posh then?

I had a friend who lived on Collegiate Crescent .she was shot by an air gun pellet while playing her piano in the front bay windowed room although this was a few years ago so maybe it has changed???

I think few would argue that many of the houses in Broomhall are amongst the finest examples of Sheffield's residential buildings. However, that doesn't necessarily make a good area, and it's certainly not all bad or much different to many areas in Sheffield.

I would judge it more on whether like now (10pm), would I casually and feel safe walking to the local shop for a pint of milk or whatnot.

Try it first and see would be my advice.

It is a diverse multicultural area with a fantastic community spirit, I remember being there for the outdoor broadcast of Band Aid and the community spirit was brilliant.

that was 32 years ago

---------- Post added 09-06-2017 at 22:08 ----------

I still prefer Crookes ... you get a better class of burglar there.

yes Raffles is alive and well