What's Broomhall like?

It's dreadful.

You will be able to spot the politically correct lefty opinions on here. And hopefully you'll be able to spot the realistic ones as well.

It's been the red light area of the city, (or one of them), for years. Now it's full of drug dealers and gangs.

Go somewhere else for heaven's sake and don't take any notice of these left-wing do-gooders on here.

Guest sibon

Go somewhere else for heaven's sake and don't take any notice of these left-wing do-gooders on here.

There is so much Tory anger on here today. Who knows why that is.:hihi:

OP. The bit by the ring road wouldn't be my pick of places to live, but it is probably ok if you have your wits about you. As you move towards Eccy Road, The Botanical Gardens, Park Lane and Broomhill, it gets better quickly. The area around The Groves is fantastic, I'd live there in a heartbeat.

I have false legs. One night whilst walking by Exeter drive I was mugged. Luckily I had nothing on me of value but in the fracas I lost one of my legs. :( I put an appeal out and luckily someone claimed to have found it! On meeting them to retrieve said leg I was mugged again, and they took the other one. :(

This totally happened! :hihi:

Guest busdriver1
There is so much Tory anger on here today. Who knows why that is.:hihi:

OP. As you move towards Eccy Road, The Botanical Gardens, Park Lane and Broomhill, it gets better quickly. The area around The Groves is fantastic, I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Very true, unfortunately that was not the bit I lived in. I endured 2 years of living Hell in the William Street area with weekly visits from police and lentil eating do gooders from the council who suggested I try and engage with the problem makers. I pointed out that I considered asking them politely if they would mind moving off my doorstep so I could get into my house an engagement that was not really working as they just leaned to one side to allow me in. I asked if they thought that them defecating in my front garden was acceptable and was told that there is a shortage of public toilets. I asked if they thought that them banging on my window telling me to turn my TV down as it was disturbing them was their idea of community engagement. (The TV was turned up to drown out their shouting and screaming whilst using my garden as a drop in centre). Then one day I got angry and asked them to try and find somewhere else to go, the gun incident took place and I was told in no uncertain terms they were going nowhere and it was people like me that should move. Yes to the doubters and politically correct people, it did happen which is why I am posting here in the hope that I can save one poor soul having to go through what I did, but if you want to suggest it was made up there is nothing I can say or do to change your minds. If the OP decides to move there I wish them all the best, they will need it. How can I sit back and not warn them after my experience in the area?

I now live in Rotherham, not the best bit, but am very happy and once again can walk the streets in as safe an environment as you can get in any large town.

Sure there are parts of Sheffield that are fine, this is not one of them. I for one will take a long time to get this experience out of my life and have difficulty separating Sheffield itself from this experience. For that reason I do not visit Sheffield unless absolutely necessary.

Good luck to the O.P. I hope you find somewhere nice to live.

It's been the red light area of the city, (or one of them), for years. .

I thought the red light area moved towards the old Jessop hospital then down the hill to Neepsend after they closed the roads around Broomspring Lane to through traffic to stop kerb crawling.

Wasn't that about about 25 years ago?

I thought the red light area moved towards the old Jessop hospital then down the hill to Neepsend after they closed the roads around Broomspring Lane to through traffic to stop kerb crawling.

Wasn't that about about 25 years ago?

You two seem to be pretty clued up on the whereabouts of the red light district ;););)

It is a diverse multicultural area with a fantastic community spirit....

Angel1.

You two seem to be pretty clued up on the whereabouts of the red light district ;););)

I once stood ont Town Hall steps but everyone wanted their money back ! :roll:

The Girls looking for trade hang around Shalesmoor - Alma st - Greenlane,

they usually ask me for fags then offer me business.

I always tell them no has i all ready have a wife to go too and another girl

on arm!!

I once stood ont Town Hall steps but everyone wanted their money back ! :roll:

What, all of the £7.32p?

What, all of the £7.32p?

Yes ! A bargain innit ? :roll:

Yes ! A bargain innit ? :roll:

You sound like my type of woman :love::love::love: