What's Broomhall like?

It is a diverse multicultural area with a fantastic community spirit, I remember being there for the outdoor broadcast of Band Aid and the community spirit was brilliant.

A friend of mine shared a house with some other students there, they were burgled three times and one of his housemates was beaten up for no reason whatsoever on his own doorstep. I'd avoid it to be honest.

Guest busdriver1
Thank you all for your views they've been helpful :) I've been there a few times seems safe to me. Will give it bit more thought

Thats what I thought when I moved in there, how wrong you can be.

have a walk round Exeter drive at different times of the day before you make your decision.

Horrible place, went to view a property with the daughter and had the car broken into within 45 minutes of parking up, talked to several of the potential neighbours and they all wanted out.

Let's put it this way: if it was on the route of the Tour de Yorkshire, it would probably be listed as Trou de Merde.

Pretty nice area on the whole. Has had problems but ok now. Some very leafy roads with huge detached houses.

Edited by Detetcive

Dont go near it, I lived there and was threatened with a gun and told to move out and take all the other white people with me, street robbery is a way of life.

I hope you reported this appalling hate-crime to the Police.

If it actually happened of course...

Guest busdriver1
I hope you reported this appalling hate-crime to the Police.

If it actually happened of course...

No I walked away ffs Of course I did.

The result of a joint action by Sheffield Council and the police means I got rehoused - problem solved (at least as far as the figures go).

Crookes is better 100% ... although still got bleedin students.

And it's the local shops and takeaways who love the bleedin students ,if they went they would soon go bust.

Broomhall is quite a large area stretching from Eccy Road to the ring road and including Collegiate Crescent all the way up to Clarkehouse Rd .

A large part of it is in a conservation area.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/planning-and-development/cons-areas/broomhall/Broomhall%20Conservation%20Area%20Map.pdf

It would be a sweeping statement to say Broomhall is a no go area

I have friends who have lived happily on Havelock St , Broomspring Lane & Gloucester St for 20 years or more.

I guess you check out the crime stats and make up your own mind. In terms of burglary its high, but similar to Broomhill next door (students are always easy pickings)

https://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KD1/crime/2017-01/

It would be a sweeping statement....

Are you new to the Forum?? :D