What's Broomhall like?

Hiya guys, I am thinking of moving to Broomhall as its nearer to most places I go to and I feel like it's the best location for me. I wanted to know what's the area like? Thanks!

Most parts are pretty nice. Leafy roads and grand old houses. The further from the ring road the better it gets. I think there are quite a few HMO's. It's a great location though- close to town, Ecclesall and Broomhill.

Havelock square used to be the dodgy area (like pitsmoor was) back in the early - mid 90s, not sure what its like now.

When I was a student in 2000 I got burgled on Broomhall Road, mugged at knifepoint on Brunswick St and threatened with nunchucks on the underpass but this was 17 years ago! I think it's calmed down a lot now it's no longer a red light area. But I still wouldn't fancy living in the flats on Exeter Drive or anywhere around there.

Guest busdriver1

Dont go near it, I lived there and was threatened with a gun and told to move out and take all the other white people with me, street robbery is a way of life.

Got a few mates that live down there and all of them want out.

Lived on Exeter Place from 1996 till 2002. Most of the time it was people going about their business and just being careful not to go out at night.

Now I would suggest not to walk through the area even during daylight hours.

Guest busdriver1
Lived on Exeter Place from 1996 till 2002. Most of the time it was people going about their business and just being careful not to go out at night.

Now I would suggest not to walk through the area even during daylight hours.

Completely agree.

Thank you all for your views they've been helpful :) I've been there a few times seems safe to me. Will give it bit more thought

Crookes is better 100% ... although still got bleedin students.

:loopy:cant help some people

Thank you all for your views they've been helpful :) I've been there a few times seems safe to me. Will give it bit more thought

Awaits someone to come along and say it is a diverse multicultural area with a fantastic community spirit....