Eagles new member

Country Superstar and Telecaster wizard Vince Gill has joined the Eagles for their upcoming tour. Whether this is is going to be permanent is not yet clear . ,Glen Frey's son is also getting his feet wet on the same tour.

Don't know how well Vince is known in the UK but he is a legend over here. I think he will be a great fit, he has a superb voice and his guitar playing is outstanding a la James Burton and Albert Lee.

Yes I agree he'll be a great addition. I know it won't happen, but I would love to see Don Felder back. I've seen them 4 times, he's a brilliant player and his sound has never been replicated. Glenn Frey got him in for a reason all those years ago and they just don't sound the same without him.They are still a fantastic act though. Are there any rumours about them coming to the UK?

Yes I agree he'll be a great addition. I know it won't happen, but I would love to see Don Felder back. I've seen them 4 times, he's a brilliant player and his sound has never been replicated. Glenn Frey got him in for a reason all those years ago and they just don't sound the same without him.They are still a fantastic act though. Are there any rumours about them coming to the UK?

Agree wholeheartedly on Don Felder he is one of the best guitar players around. As you say he wont be back, financially he doesn't need to be. As an actual Eagles member he gets a big slice of their earnings even today, whereas Joe Walsh and Timothy B, are just employees. Randy Meisner is still pulling in a million bucks a year from the Eagles and he left in 1979.

Vince Gill is no Don Felder but he is way better than Joe Walsh especially on picking playing, he is almost as fast and as good as Albert Lee. His voice is excellent, and will adapt well to Eagles stuff in my opinion. He does have 22 grammys. Not heard anything beyond a North American limited tour so far. Just thought I would add that Stuart Smith is staying on to do the Don Felder bit, Vince is basically replacing Glenn Frey. Stuart , of course is no Don Felder either but he is an excellent guitar player and was really good at all the Felder parts, when I saw them in 2010 in Toronto.

Edited by TORONTONY
add a sentence