Major Incident On London Bridge 03/06/2017

8 minutes from receiving the call, attending the scene, assessing the situation and chasing down/shooting 3 terrorists is an excellent job, even if there has been cuts. But that's not the issue but anything to put the Conservatives down will get mentioned.

FYI, the country cannot make someone stateless by revoking their passport. It's illegal and the government could be sued. Revoking someones nationality and leaving them with no country to reside in is not possible.....in most scenarios.

The police have had their numbers cut by 20,000...wrap it up how you want, but thats not going to help us become safer, we should be investing in the police force, recruiting like Corbyn said, not cutting, we should be putting more coppers into surveillance, undercover, and infiltration ....

anyone feel strong and stable?

and yeah, i am making a political point, it affects us all, and it could be our families, stop the cuts to finance tax breaks for the rich

I've also read 8 minutes from the first call been put in to the 3 terrorist been killed, happy to be corrected if that's wrong. To me that sounds like a bloody good response to an incident like this on whatvwas no doubt a busy Saturday night in London.

I've now read both.

But let's be clear. This happened a stones throw from a major railway terminus on a Saturday night in central London.

Where were the armed police? They should have been already deployed protecting the public in that area, after recent events.

Something isn't adding up.

In another war, for that's what we're in, the 2nd.World War, Churchill brought in 'Regulation 18B', the suspension of Habeus Corpus, or 'Internment without trial'.

ALL British residents of German and Italian extraction, many who had lived here generations, were interned as 'possible' enemy supporters. I think I'm right in saying that the Friedrich family of German extraction who had the butcher's shop in the Wicker were interned under this legislation.

The problem is liberalism, which will ultimately destroy itself due to being totally unable to stop being 'nice' ( until it affects them personally !)

What should we do about this, Penny?

I mean specifically. Not nonsense like "stop pussyfooting around" or "stop being politically correct". Real, concrete actions that will make things better.

You no the only answer to that will be removed

But and correct me if I am wrong, if someone has dual nationality we can remove the British citizenship and send them back to their country of birth.

I am sure this was done recently but can't find the article.

Yes, in that scenario we can revoke British nationality as the person(s) would be able to return to the other country for which they hold another passport for.

However for anyone born in the UK as British or someone that is British and renounced their other nationality, the government cannot revoke and leave someone stateless.

I've now read both.

But let's be clear. This happened a stones throw from a major railway terminus on a Saturday night in central London.

Where were the armed police? They should have been already deployed protecting the public in that area, after recent events.

Something isn't adding up.

Do you have any idea how big London is!

8 minutes from the first phone call to the ending of this incident was an excellent response time.

In another war, for that's what we're in, the 2nd.World War, Churchill brought in 'Regulation 18B', the suspension of Habeus Corpus, or 'Internment without trial'.

ALL British residents of German and Italian extraction, many who had lived here generations, were interned as 'possible' enemy supporters. I think I'm right in saying that the Friedrich family of German extraction who had the butcher's shop in the Wicker were interned under this legislation.

The problem is liberalism, which will ultimately destroy itself due to being totally unable to stop being 'nice' ( until it affects them personally !)

At the time that was needed.

Today there are many religious people in England who are prepared to help find the nutters in the system. In a way they could be extremely helpful if they decided to actively participate in reducing extremism in England. Mind you that this could start a war inside their own community turning themselves into targets.

Are there any ways to put less fuel on the fire decrease tension and make Britain a less attractive target?

Do you have any idea how big London is!

8 minutes from the first phone call to the ending of this incident was an excellent response time.

Yes I lived there for 5 years. The point I'm making is the this happened < 200m from a major railway terminus in central London. It should have been heavily policed.

Guest sibon
You no the only answer to that will be removed

Go on. I'm interested to hear what you think.

Always assuming that you do.

Our actions in the Middle East & North Africa are part of the problem but the Islamists motives are more numerous and complicated than that.

Islamic Salifism hates the West and capitalism. Islamic Salifism hates everything that isn't Islamic Salifism.

If they dont like how we live , they are free to bugger off and live in a cave in Syria or Iraq .

When in Rome and all that .

we are too tolerant in this country.

Yes I lived there for 5 years. The point I'm making is the this happened < 200m from a major railway terminus in central London. It should have been heavily policed.

I feel very tempted to turn that into a political issue but would be too inappropriate under the circumstances.

The attack happened rather late round ten clock, don't think at that time the station is heavily policed.

I feel very tempted to turn that into a political issue but would be too inappropriate under the circumstances.

The attack happened rather late round ten clock, don't think at that time the station is heavily policed.

In addition, there doesn't appear to have been any intelligence prior to the attack to suggest a police presence in that area.