Major Incident On London Bridge 03/06/2017

Fed up with all these politicians saying barbaric,brutal,life goes on,get some thing done about these people,what's the betting the assailants were known to the security forces.

What's Jeremy want to do?talk to them.

if people had listened to Jeremy we probably wouldnt be in this situation, did he not predict this, didnt he say that if we invade Iraq it would cause a spiral of violence and terrorism the world over, and now its Corbyns fault :huh:

And what have the Tories done, cut the police force to give tax breaks to the rich, Corbyn wants to tax the rich and put bobbies back on the beat....what do you prefer?

Just wish that we would stop giving these people the publicity

Edited by lien1

When will these subhuman scum learn? They can and do hurt us but they can't beat us. During the war our cities were devastated by the Germans but did not break us. It was like having thousands of car bombs going of each day but still we stood tall.

When will these subhuman scum learn? They can and do hurt us but they can't beat us. During the war our cities were devastated by the Germans but did not break us. It was like having thousands of car bombs going of each day but still we stood tall.

Valid point but the problem this time is that the enemy is amongst us and we don't know who they are.

Maybe so. But back then we knew the enemy was. We dont know now. Could be a bloke sat next to you on a bus, or the Van driving through your local town.

Jo Cox was not a terrorist incident. She was murdered by someone who was mentally disturbed.

But who also had some pretty extreme views, albeit extreme right wing rather than anything labeled as Islamist.....

I find the reaction of the media and politicians interesting. They are working to a set routine.

1. Organise a Vigil

2. Organise a show of unity.

3. Memorial service.

4. Big pile of flowers, balloons, weeping spectators.

5. Quotes about hate beating love,

6. Say these men won't divide us.

7. Never forget to mention Jo Cox and "right-wing terrorism".

8. And most importantly and insidiously, play up the ordinary and the normal. Traffic is moving freely. How "uplifting" it is to see ordinary people just going about their business (Louise Minchin on BBC the other week). Basically, say how wonderful it is that nobody has gotten angry (and never show angry lots of people are about the outrage). This is a subtle way of trying to normalise the unjustifiable - that people have just been murdered in a terrorist incident, again.

The media move heaven and earth to suppress public anger as much as possible and promote a narrative about how to react after a terrorist attack - namely, do nothing.

OK, but there is a note of worry creeping in now. The BBC are trying to mention "soft targets" and how impossible it is to stop attacks on these. But Sky for the first time have mentioned that some members of the public are wanting a "more robust response".

I wonder what the governments response will actually be, assuming there is one.

I find the reaction of the media and politicians interesting. They are working to a set routine.

1. Organise a Vigil

3. Memorial service.

8. And most importantly and insidiously, play up the ordinary and the normal. Traffic is moving freely. How "uplifting" it is to see ordinary people just going about their business (Louise Minchin on BBC the other week). Basically, say how wonderful it is that nobody has gotten angry (and never show angry lots of people are about the outrage). This is a subtle way of trying to normalise the unjustifiable - that people have just been murdered in a terrorist incident, again.

The media move heaven and earth to suppress public anger as much as possible and promote a narrative about how to react after a terrorist attack - namely, do nothing.

OK, but there is a note of worry creeping in now. The BBC are trying to mention "soft targets" and how impossible it is to stop attacks on these. But Sky for the first time have mentioned that some members of the public are wanting a "more robust response".

dare I suggest that we getting to the point where there are 2 alternatives to consider? no.1 we unshackle the security services and let them do a proper job of sorting the "30002 who are suspect. or no.2 set up a series of meetimgs so that jeremy corbin can talk to them. and we should remember that not all muslims are terrorists, but I believe that most if not all these terrorists claim an affiliatiom with islam. having probably upset both sides of the argument I will now dive into my bunker!!

Not again,innocent people killed in the name of some twisted religious belief,I was in London on friday and drove over that bridge,police response dealt with it within 8 minutes saved a lot more lifes.

Guest makapaka

1. Organise a Vigil

3. Memorial service.

What would your response be if you were in power?

What would your response be if you were in power?

Stop interfering in the Middle East.

After that firstly try and establish what is possible. Is internment without trial a possibility? Does current legislation make that impossible? Do we actually have the facilities to implement internment anyway?

Is there a way to prevent people like the Saudis financing places of worship in this country?

Do we have the manpower required in the intelligence services? Do we need more?

Do we need greater powers of surveillance for the intelligence services?

Investigate the backgrounds of the most recent attackers and see if they have any similarities.

Would new general legislation in this area help or is that not possible?

The worst thing to do would be to dive in head first with a great fanfare of trumpets, only to find out that you can't do what you said you were going to do; because that would really put public confidence through the floor.