Hearing loss clubs

Hi my name is shoana and I am 25 years old 4 weeks ago I had significant hearing loss in my right ear and it has knocked my social life and confidence for six , since ethos happened I have not ventures out of my home and it is a real scary thing to go through. I was wondering if there was anyone going through the same thing that would like to meet or any social clubs close to s6 of Sheffield I could join . Many thanks.

I had the same thing happen last September. They think it may only be temporary, but its been nine months now. Im sure theres probably a fair few in the same situation on here.

hi, i've just seen this thread, i'm totally deaf in my right ear , and it would be good to meet others who understand each others problems! obviously a quiet place would be good to go to .. not necessarily a club (unless we started one) but just a few from here.

I'd be interested in any groups. I'm in my mid fifties and have fairly recently gone dear in my right ear. Social life suffers because of this..

I think beginning a club would be brilliant maybe we could contact a mutual community centre and if we got enough people could meet up there ?

I think beginning a club would be brilliant maybe we could contact a mutual community centre and if we got enough people could meet up there ?
Or a pub function room...

Or a pub function room...

Sounds good Ghostrider.

I have single sided deafness. The other side isn't great either!

I don't know if it's just me but I find talking about disabilities with a good dose of humour helps. That way you pick tips up and at the same time, have a laugh.

Hi :)

There is already a Sheffield Club for the Hard of Hearing which is a social meeting place.

My parents have been involved for many years, as my mum has had hearing loss since her 20's.

It's current membership is small and mainly older people but that is through circumstance not design.

They meet on Monday nights from 6.15 at 105 Grange Crescent, S11 8AZ, which you can get to by car or No 4 Bus (there are other buses but I can't remember the numbers!).

They meet for a chat then usually have an activity or Speaker. All members are asked for ideas towards the programme so the club alters dependant on its membership.

Their website is http://www.HardofHearingClubSheffield.btck.co.uk, Email [email protected] or call my Dad, John on 07860 735 360.

Hope this helps