Your Favourite Ever Player For Your Team

Tricky one, but it has to be

Sheridan and Waddle for the 1990s

Waddle scoring against United at Wembly and Sheridan was fantastic too

Hirst and Bright, again early 1990s, 2 nill up against Man United on Boxing day in 6 minutes

And Lee Chapman got a Hat trick at Hillsborough too in the early 1990s,he's worth a mention

Gordon Watson wins the award for the worst dive in the penalty area

Tony Currie by a country mile.

I think I saw his first game against Spurs late 60's,,Tony Currie by a country mile agreed .

I think I saw his first game against Spurs late 60's,,Tony Currie by a country mile agreed .

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 21:55 ----------

[/color]

I think TC scored against Pat Jennings in that game, a night match in early 1968.

Edited by stpetre
add

Tricky one, but it has to be

Sheridan and Waddle for the 1990s

Waddle scoring against United at Wembly and Sheridan was fantastic too

Hirst and Bright, again early 1990s, 2 nill up against Man United on Boxing day in 6 minutes

And Lee Chapman got a Hat trick at Hillsborough too in the early 1990s,he's worth a mention

Gordon Watson wins the award for the worst dive in the penalty area

Isn't it amazing how the mention of a name brings back a whole memory?! I can't remember the opposition; but I remember Watson going three or four paces before plummeting to the deck!

Guest makapaka
Isn't it amazing how the mention of a name brings back a whole memory?! I can't remember the opposition; but I remember Watson going three or four paces before plummeting to the deck!

It was against Leeds at hillsborough.

We scored the pen - unfortunately Leeds got 6 that day.

By the way - david hirst for me - I idolised him.

Club - James Gregory

Ladies - Jodie Michalska

Brian Usher.

Yes Brian Usher, Colin Dobson and John Hickton were put in the background for what ever reason by Alan Brown and didn't make the Cup Final team, tho' I think Usher scored in one of the rounds. Perhaps as they, BU and CD were wingers had something to do with it ?

As I have only seen Wednesday sporadically over the last 36 years, due to living abroad , I will pick my favourite from my regular attending years. That player would be Don Megson, a great full back and a great leader. How could anyone forget him stirring his downcast team mates to do a lap of honour at Wembley after that devastating loss in 1966. It was the first time a losing team had done it, and was a very emotional tribute to us fans.

Viv Anderson. Tony Adams (article in "Times" today) puts him alongside the greats. Mind you, he also tells how they targeted Hirsty in 1992.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 12:48 ----------

I remember the penalty he took at the Kop end - was it for Oldham? No celebration at all, total class. A far cry from the one he missed against Oxford in the promotion year....loads of abuse, didn't we lose three in a week and Palmer sent off at Pompey? Please confirm, as I now need my pills...

Played against Nottingham boys back in 79-80 and after the match got a tour round Forest ground. Bit peed off as we missed all the European cup winning team by minutes, but did get to lift the European cup and league cup for camera snaps. I was surprised how dented the European cup looked.

Anyhow a tour of the changing rooms was brilliant! All the players kits and boots laid out with their names and we couldn't resist unscrewing studs as souvenir's.:twisted: I got Viv Andersons who used black rubber studs, while the rest used white. I also nicked Shiltons and several others. Most players wore Puma if I remember rightly??

Anyhow my favourite player...hmm? as a kid it wasn't about quality for me, more about who I felt more disappointed about if they were injured and out of the game, so i'll go for Tommy Tynan-a goal every 3 games on average.

My dad used to rave about Fathom.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Mick Prendergast,not the most skilfully but what a heart he had.

Yes, I remember watching him spit in the face of John Hope at Hillsboro and thinking what a "classy" player he was.

---------- Post added 08-06-2017 at 21:56 ----------

Trevor Hockey for me. A real character - hard but fair - and a great entertainer.

I was a youngster when Jimmy Hagan played for the Blades but I can still remember how much of a skillful player he was.

Tony Currie was a gifted and naturally talented exponent of the game and certainly the most entertaining player I have seen at the Lane. He played in a similar role, as a midfield general, as Gunter Netzer of Germany and the similarities between the two were uncanny at times. It's a pity Alf Ramsey didn't realize his potential sooner in terms of the national team.

I must also add Joe Shaw to my list who, in my opinion, was the best centre half to wear a United shirt. He was so proficient in controlling the ball that I've seen him dribble past attackers in his own penalty area before passing the ball forward. No big boot up field for Joe! All class acts.

echo.