Globe

Marsland Travel

Powells

CT Plus

Wilfreda

Heaton a

Full details

https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/brightbus/#section1

Thanks for that Bus Man. I think Id probably just looked at who was taking over my sons route.

I assume these "Bright Buses" are the very very old, lime green ones that expel disgusting black smoke from their exhausts as they trundle along our roads.

My only experience of them has been when I have been behind them in traffic. I've always wondered why they haven't been pulled in by the authorities for an emissions test, because I feel certain that they do not conform to the required standards.

In the light of the above I cannot say I'm sorry that they will no longer be on our roads. Good riddance!

It is these buses! They have all passed there mot s but don't know with the emissions. Like you say they dont half kick out smoke. Most is the fleet is only fit for scrap

Love the threats in the listing. Makes anyone confident in bidding

"We *are are a limited company with an excellent Solicitor. Please don't bid and then not get in touch because we will sue you in the small claims court. Anyone with less than 50 feedback score will be deleted unless you get in touch before bidding."

No threat at all, that's standard e.bay policy. You bid to buy if you have the winning bid you've committed to buy that item, its in the terms of your membership with e.bay

Guest busdriver1
It is these buses! They have all passed there mot s but don't know with the emissions. Like you say they dont half kick out smoke. Most is the fleet is only fit for scrap

The emissions test is part of the M.O.T. so by default if they have passed their M.O.T. they have passed the emissions test.

Your assessment of the fleet is based on your engineering expertise?

Assessment is based on the amount of soot billowing out of some of these buses although a emissions test is easily passed if you know what your doing, adding addictives so that emissions are ok for a test. It's a old school trick but also remember that the levels permitted have not changed for many years so a vehicle produced 6 months ago can theoretically for a test have as high emmisions as something 20/ 30 years old. The reason for stopping is that most of the fleet were not dda compliant and have had to be released otherwise to continue to run so come 2020 no matter how good the buses are they would not be able to run as not dda compliant. Unfortunately the cost to convert these would be far too high and to replace the fleet for reducing numbers would not be feasible on a business plan that is get as many people on as you can.

Also the vosa check like any mot is only the condition of the vehicle at that time and by the view of the person checking it. Someone else may seem that it's not to be passed it's down to the tester judgment. A mot does not always mean that a vehicle is safe it has just met a set of standards required to pass a test. Hope that clears it up for you.

---------- Post added 04-08-2017 at 10:27 ----------

No threat at all, that's standard e.bay policy. You bid to buy if you have the winning bid you've committed to buy that item, its in the terms of your membership with e.bay

Like you say it's standard eBay terms so why do they feel the need to make the threat of a solicitor! Like you say everyone knows the terms so no need for it

Eee-by-gum, when I were a lad I used to walk to school and back.

Might help the looming obesity crisis If some of these kids got a bit more exercise.

I think in those days kids went to the nearest school, these days with parents moving around and increased social mobility they are bussed far and wide.

Guest busdriver1
Assessment is based on the amount of soot billowing out of some of these buses although a emissions test is easily passed if you know what your doing, adding addictives so that emissions are ok for a test. It's a old school trick but also remember that the levels permitted have not changed for many years so a vehicle produced 6 months ago can theoretically for a test have as high emmisions as something 20/ 30 years old. The reason for stopping is that most of the fleet were not dda compliant and have had to be released otherwise to continue to run so come 2020 no matter how good the buses are they would not be able to run as not dda compliant. Unfortunately the cost to convert these would be far too high and to replace the fleet for reducing numbers would not be feasible on a business plan that is get as many people on as you can.

Also the vosa check like any mot is only the condition of the vehicle at that time and by the view of the person checking it. Someone else may seem that it's not to be passed it's down to the tester judgment. A mot does not always mean that a vehicle is safe it has just met a set of standards required to pass a test. Hope that clears it up for you.

Needs no clearing up for me. I am obviously more up to date than you think you are re emissions testing, (or you need to google better pages). The emissions levels are vehicle age relative and have been for 20+ years. Try googling euro levels. (we are currently on 6) They need to comply with legislation in force at the time they were built, but since primary school kids know that, I am sure you must as well. As for tester judgement, oh dear you are on one arent you. Testing meters are used and a vehicle can not be passed without an emissions pass as the details are electronically tied in to allow issue of a certificate. As for additives, really? you honestly think that? dear me you really have got a downer on these buses. Never mind keep plodding on with your crusade against buses that are all out of service, I am sure you will win this one :hihi:

I stand corrected if it's done on age on buses on fully aware of car mots. Wouldn't use Google for info as it probably say your dying. It's very common practice to add fuel additives to fuel and run for a bit and retest and it's ok then. The point also was it's only what the condition was at test and not at a later stage

Just looking on eBay there is only one left

The T&C’s are different when buying a vehicle, so not true