Orgreave Coal Mine

Hi

My son is doing a homework project about coal mining and we need to know the exact location of the mine so we can measure how far it is from our house. I know approximately where it is but where was the access road? I cant seem to find out from Google.

Thank you in advance. :help:

I did look at wiki but didn't see the grid reference before!!!!!

DMS

Decimal 53° 22′ 14.03″ N, 1° 22′ 20.93″ W

53.370563, -1.372481

Geo URI geo:53.370563,-1.372481

UTM 30U 608282 5914728

More formats...

Type Region GB

Article Orgreave, South Yorkshire

(edit | report inaccuracies)

I have located a point. Thank you :) May be back on this topic soon for one of the other tasks :hihi:

Just as an aside to this one , does anyone know the exact location of the nearby Belt's Colliery .

I did some family research on behalf of my better half and her great grandparents lived in pit houses in Handsworth and were miners at Belt's Colliery .

Hi

My son is doing a homework project about coal mining and we need to know the exact location of the mine so we can measure how far it is from our house. I know approximately where it is but where was the access road? I cant seem to find out from Google.

Thank you in advance. :help:

Coming from Darnall go up Handsworth hill to the very top and when you go down the other side, the road forks, take the left fork and when you get to the bottom of that hill there is or was a road opposite called Orgreave lane and that led to the mine. I have just called it up on google earth and orgreave lane is still there. Hope that helps.