Ramas Bridge closed?

Oh dear, 'family friendly restaurant' sounds awful. but hey ho, give them a chance...

I'd prefer something family unfriendly! Screaming kids on an evening out I try to avoid!

Guest makapaka
I'd prefer something family unfriendly! Screaming kids on an evening out I try to avoid!

What would family unfriendly be? Refusing entry to people's children?

What would family unfriendly be? Refusing entry to people's children?

A place where adults could eat and have a civilised evening without the incessant screech of brats. Sounds like a winning formula.

Guest makapaka
A place where adults could eat and have a civilised evening without the incessant screech of brats. Sounds like a winning formula.

That's most places isn't it. Which restaurants have you been to where there were children screeching?

Did you ever get taken to restaurants as a child?

That's most places isn't it. Which restaurants have you been to where there were children screeching?

A shandy and a packet of crisps in the beer garden, or the car...and I was grateful for it.

Guest makapaka
A shandy and a packet of crisps in the beer garden, or the car...and I was grateful for it.

That old chestnut.

In answer to your question - yes, but we were made to act in a considerate and polite way. Here you have the grandchild of a classical pianist who recalls needing to be quiet while he was playing and at other times as appropriate. Lessons learned: a love of music, respect for others and the fact that I am not the centre of the universe.

Guest makapaka
In answer to your question - yes, but we were made to act in a considerate and polite way. Here you have the grandchild of a classical pianist who recalls needing to be quiet while he was playing and at other times as appropriate. Lessons learned: a love of music, respect for others and the fact that I am not the centre of the universe.

So are most children I find.

I find it unfair to refer to them as screaming kids / brats etc.

I doubt you would have liked to have been referred to similarly when you were a child.

I was in Crookes earlier and Rama's Bridge seems to have gone - anyone know the story?

They had a sign up a few weeks ago suggesting that they were relocating and the new address would be on their website.

Grill on the Hill was one of the old places there (if that's the sign being referred to)

Guest makapaka
They had a sign up a few weeks ago suggesting that they were relocating and the new address would be on their website.

Grill on the Hill was one of the old places there (if that's the sign being referred to)

I was always surprised spinrocs disappeared as to me that sort of place would be the most viable in the area.

Ie a mix of bar and restaurant.

I was always surprised spinrocs disappeared as to me that sort of place would be the most viable in the area.

Ie a mix of bar and restaurant.

We liked Spinrocs, but when it was open we had small children and so were unable to use restaurants very often in case we upset the good folk of Crookes.

A wine bar/tapas restaurant would be very welcome now.

Edited by PeteM01

I've had many lovely meals there. The last time I went there on spec, there were no free tables.

I will miss Ramas. There are enough pizza places on Crookes as it is.