Ramas Bridge closed?

I was in Crookes earlier and Rama's Bridge seems to have gone - anyone know the story?

It always seemed quite busy even during the week. The food could be a bit hit and miss, but overall - sad to see it go.

Guest makapaka

Noticed that myself a couple of weeks ago.

Heard it was good as well.

Nothing in that particular units seems to last long in crookes.

Sorry to see it go - had some really nice meals in there.

As others have said, that particular unit does seem to reincarnate relatively frequently, whereas neighbouring stalwarts e.g. Casanovas have been going for years.

Sad to see it closed and empty, fond memories of the place when it was Spinrocks. Cruzcampo on draught and a bit of tapas on a weekend evening

I only went once. I had a lukewarm bland mixed Thali and the place itself was cold. So it mystified me why it always seemed quite busy. Maybe I chose the wrong option.

I hope it becomes more of a bar/restaurant type place, a better version of Spinrocs (which was OK but not brilliant). Crookes could do with a trendy 'bar' as opposed to just pubs. Maybe a micropub in the right hand bit with a food option on the left. Or split it into 2 units.

A restaurant always seemed an odd fit there to me.

Guest makapaka
I only went once. I had a lukewarm bland mixed Thali and the place itself was cold. So it mystified me why it always seemed quite busy. Maybe I chose the wrong option.

I hope it becomes more of a bar/restaurant type place, a better version of Spinrocs (which was OK but not brilliant). Crookes could do with a trendy 'bar' as opposed to just pubs. Maybe a micropub in the right hand bit with a food option on the left. Or split it into 2 units.

Spinrocs was decent and I agree a similar concept would be good.

Rama's Bridge was pretty poor compared to the other South Indian/Sri Lankan restaurants in Sheffield. Even though I live in easy walking distance and love the cooking style in general, I didn't bother going after the first couple of months. Having said that, it was often busy during the evenings so its closure is a bit o a surprise.

I did hear that it had recently changed hands, so it could be financial or culinary incompetence on the part of the new owners.

I did hear it was going to be Dominos Pizza, just what we need on Crookes !

It changed hands about 6 months ago, maybe more. It was advertised on rightmove via an agent and someone tried to keep up the original success. When it first opened it was a viable alternative to an Indian, offering Sri Lankan and South Indian cuisine that I really enjoyed. But the new owners failed to recreate the quality of food.

A sign is already up suggesting a new family friendly restaurant is on the way

Oh dear, 'family friendly restaurant' sounds awful. but hey ho, give them a chance...

It changed hands about 6 months ago, maybe more. It was advertised on rightmove via an agent and someone tried to keep up the original success. When it first opened it was a viable alternative to an Indian, offering Sri Lankan and South Indian cuisine that I really enjoyed. But the new owners failed to recreate the quality of food.

The sign is the old Grill On The Hill sign. Rama took theirs with them.

Interestingly a new bistro is opening next door to Denise's' bsrber shop. It is called No Name.

If you want really food SE Indian food try Maveli. We had another fantastic meal there last night. Fantastic food and service.