Zoo tiger death

Because there are no suspicious circumstances the Health and safety executive will now take over the investigation. THe HSE have the power to question witnesses and prosecute.

Good to know that the tiger wasn't killed ('put down') as so often happens in cases like this. It was just doing what tigers do and the failing lies somewhere in the handling or containment by the zookeepers.

I would imagine that it's a human error in going into an enclosure without first closing the gates from the enclosure containing the tiger(s) or going into an enclosure thinking that the tigers were still in overnight accommodation and being fatally wrong.

Neither of those situations are likely to constitute a crime, but clearly there's a H&S issue if the process of actually checking where the tiger(s) is before putting yourself/someone else at risk didn't happen.

RIP to the poor Lady keeper firstly. Not the best way to meet St Peter, mauled to death by a big cat.

I wonder, will it come down to a simple "error" of judgement by someone, like leaving a gate unlocked say. No doubt the cause will be found, I would say it's not the Tigers fault, just following its instincts.

Angel1.

Police have confirmed they are now investigating the death of a zookeeper killed by a tiger.

Police attended the scene, but on Tuesday morning said Ms King's death was "non suspicious" and they were not investigating.

However, they have subsequently said they are now jointly investigating with the district council.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-40106355

It's very sad. These people are devoted to their animals, as was the poor lady in question I believe. And they usually build up a great trust and rapport with them, so I don't know what went wrong in this case. But they are wild animals and we should never forget it.

A truly terrible accident.

I dont care how trusting the tiger is and even if its just eaten, id never get in an enclosure with one unless it was sedated. Hell of a way to go that, at least it was her passion.