Sign in to follow this  

Help needed with car...desperately!

handbrake has seezed (sp)?

If it's not coming off when you actually move the car then you'll need the wheel off and a large hammer.

Tap the drum with said hammer, tap may vary between a girly tap and a jeff capes tap, just try not to break it.

If that doesn't work then you need a mechanic.

Sounds like a stuck hand brake to me. Mine did this whenever I used the car on my old car but it was a known problem with the car. Involved me making sure I was on the flat then getting out of the car and manually releasing it....hands get a bit dirty doing it though.

handbrake has seezed (sp)?

If it's not coming off when you actually move the car then you'll need the wheel off and a large hammer.

Tap the drum with said hammer, tap may vary between a girly tap and a jeff capes tap, just try not to break it.

If that doesn't work then you need a mechanic.

What he said. :)

The handbrake cable to my back wheel had seized up!!! My fiance's dad has put some W*something* spray on it lol and its worked, YIPPEEE!! but im taking it to garage on Saturday to have a look to put my mind at rest!!!!!

phewww!!! *wipes sweat away from forehead* lol

does anyone know how much a cam-belt is for a old shape Corsa?

It's 'WD40'.

Buy some. If you have an old-ish car of less than perfect reliability, it's invaluable.

Come to that, it;s so useful you should buy some anyway.

The handbrake cable to my back wheel had seized up!!! My fiance's dad has put some W*something* spray on it lol and its worked, YIPPEEE!! but im taking it to garage on Saturday to have a look to put my mind at rest!!!!!

phewww!!! *wipes sweat away from forehead* lol

does anyone know how much a cam-belt is for a old shape Corsa?

try these...

http://www.vauxallparts.co.uk/