No team should be promoted on penaltys .

Well Hudders have done it , they have won the pot of gold and obtained it by default.

No team should be promoted on the strength of taking a penalty .

It is a stupid way of deciding a football match.

The match should be decided on who ever scores the first goal in open play or by a replay .

Deciding such an important result by the lottery of a penalty kick is down right daft.

Well Hudders have done it , they have won the pot of gold and obtained it by default.

The match should be decided on who ever scores the first goal in open play or by a replay .

Deciding such an important result by the lottery of a penalty kick is down right daft.

how do they go up on a goal if nobody scores? youre being daft, take the sour grapes out, we lost cos of a pudil mistake, then couldnt score again despite a valiant attempt

Golden Goal has been tried before in the World Cup and Euros...I never saw much of a problem with it.

how do they go up on a goal if nobody scores? youre being daft, take the sour grapes out, we lost cos of a pudil mistake, then couldnt score again despite a valiant attempt

Dont call me daft , I actually support the team , read the post and reply to to the subject , the match should be played until a goal is scored in normal play or in replay.

Dont call me daft , I actually support the team , read the post and reply to to the subject , the match should be played until a goal is scored in normal play or in replay.

so the match goes on for 10 hours? our players were dead on their feet at the end, let alone playing god knows how long more

so the match goes on for 10 hours? our players were dead on their feet at the end, let alone playing god knows how long more

Agreed. Penalties is fair because both teams get an equal chance. It doesn't rely on fitness or injuries etc. Those who take their chances win, and those who don't (or won't) fail.

Simple.

Golden Goal has been tried before in the World Cup and Euros...I never saw much of a problem with it.

Golden Goal was only for 30 minutes extra time. It was still penalties after that. I would take a player off each side every five minutes until a goal is scored. It wouldn't take long.

Golden Goal was only for 30 minutes extra time. It was still penalties after that. I would take a player off each side every five minutes until a goal is scored. It wouldn't take long.

For one of the remaining players to drop dead.

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 00:28 ----------

Why is it by default? They still had to win the penalty shoot-outs, same as the other teams needed to.

For one of the remaining players to drop dead.

Rubbish. How many have dropped dead playing rugby sevens?

The 1994 World Cup final (Brazil v Italy) was decided on penalties.

Rubbish. How many have dropped dead playing rugby sevens?

I wouldn't have a clue. That game sounds almost as daft as naming a football club after a day of the week.

Whether we like it or not those are the rules of the competition. I,ve never been a fan of the play-off,s penalties or not. Third place should be promoted, they have performed better than the rest over the season, whether it be goal difference or ten points. Another money spinner for the F.A .