Alderfen fishery

Been to Alderfen today had a good mornings fishing. I was talking to Dave and he told me that the remaining mixed fishery will be turned into a carp lake at the end of the season. SAD SAD NEWS

I fished it yesterday with a friend and I've never seen the coarse lake so busy. The main carp lake was full with a few on the middle lake. Whilst we had a few tench, carp and decent bream, we were plagued by rudd all day. Even though I fished big baits on a size ten they just whittled the bait down.It's bad news that the whole fishery is going to be carp orientated but if that's where the money is then he has no option. It's a lovely fishery and I shall miss fishing it.

very sad news, that is/was one of the best tench waters in the area, and it's a beautiful fishery too

the number of venues I can specifically targeting tench is now growing very short... slowly but surely they're all being ruined with the introduction of either tiny snotty skimmers or big daft fat carp...

and they reckon tench are the nations favourite species...?

clearly!