Ideology - you are being misinformed!

Of course you're not evil, and Cyclone is silly to suggest it. Everyone is free to vote for who they like, and voting Green is a perfectly decent and respectable thing to do. This is a Democracy after all.

All I would say, is that we are hampered by a system that has not moved with the times and is stacked against 'the little man' in all sorts of ways. When you can win an election with only a third of the vote, is that democratically fair?

Something needs to change.

I would like to see the Green party involved in influencing decisions. They have a much needed point of view that is not always represented by the mainstream parties. Sadly until we have PR, then the only way for them to have that chance, is to vote tactically, and then for them to work with Labour, who I believe will be receptive to their ideas. In exchange they could push for PR.

Do you see The Green party ever likely to form a government in their own right, any time soon? Serious question. I ask because it will not be long before that is a moot point. It will be too late to undo the damage that is being caused to the planet.

If we end up with a rainbow coalition, job one should be implementing of PR, proper PR. Corbyn up for that?

I don't see the Green Party getting any more seats than ukip. I'll say it again, ukip with a few Tory turn coats have completely secured their one and only policy and turned the country on its head. Most other countries have a steadying green influence. We won't get one by me voting labour. A vote for labour is a vote for labour - corbyn won't knock on my door a week later and asked me if I meant it. I'm quite sure the tories have some green influence to a point out in the shires, but they have other far less desirable policies as well.

Voting for any mainstream party is an acceptable thing to do!

If we end up with a rainbow coalition, job one should be implementing of PR, proper PR. Corbyn up for that?

I don't see the Green Party getting any more seats than ukip. I'll say it again, ukip with a few Tory turn coats have completely secured their one and only policy and turned the country on its head. Most other countries have a steadying green influence. We won't get one by me voting labour. A vote for labour is a vote for labour - corbyn won't knock on my door a week later and asked me if I meant it. I'm quite sure the tories have some green influence to a point out in the shires, but they have other far less desirable policies as well.

Do they? Genuine question. How did they get there? Do they have PR?

I find the Conservatives so in hock to big business that the welfare of the country / green issues come way down their list of priorities. If it doesn't turn a profit they don't want to know. I'm not sure being nice to a few Landowners and Nimbys in the Shires counts as being Green...

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quotes

I find the Conservatives so in hock to big business that the welfare of the country / green issues come way down their list of priorities. If it doesn't turn a profit they don't want to know. I'm not sure being nice to a few Landowners and Nimbys in the Shires counts as being Green...

Anna: who do you think make money out of green taxs, who make money out of wind farms, who make money out of solar fields, who make money out of carbon storage, it not the common folk, its big bussiness as you say

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

Anna: who do you think make money out of green taxs, who make money out of wind farms, who make money out of solar fields, who make money out of carbon storage, it not the common folk, its big bussiness as you say

That's because the Tories are running the show at the moment. There's no reason why ordinary people shouldn't benefit too.

That's because the Tories are running the show at the moment. There's no reason why ordinary people shouldn't benefit too.

I'd like to think that but it never works that way, be honist, it dosn't

Germany have some representatives, France too. Both I think also green MEPs. I don't doubt that many tories green influence doesn't extend much past not having their view ruined by an industrial estate or social housing attracting the "wrong sort" but any port in a storm ;)

I totally agree, electoral reform is way overdue.

---------- Post added 05-06-2017 at 07:42 ----------

Of course you're not evil, and Cyclone is silly to suggest it. Everyone is free to vote for who they like, and voting Green is a perfectly decent and respectable thing to do. This is a Democracy after all.

All I would say, is that we are hampered by a system that has not moved with the times and is stacked against 'the little man' in all sorts of ways. When you can win an election with only a third of the vote, is that democratically fair?

Something needs to change.

I would like to see the Green party involved in influencing decisions. They have a much needed point of view that is not always represented by the mainstream parties. Sadly until we have PR, then the only way for them to have that chance, is to vote tactically, and then for them to work with Labour, who I believe will be receptive to their ideas. In exchange they could push for PR.

Do you see The Green party ever likely to form a government in their own right, any time soon? Serious question. I ask because it will not be long before that is a moot point. It will be too late to undo the damage that is being caused to the planet.

I disagree, obviously. With the exception of a few constituencies, a vote for green might as well be a vote for tory, because all you're doing is taking an opposition vote and throwing it away.

What's more important, registering your support for a party in a seat where there is no chance of it winning, or making sure that the conservatives don't win that same seat... I know which is more important to me.

---------- Post added 05-06-2017 at 07:44 ----------

Ah, you have a sliding scale of evil. When using a word like evil, I'm quite binary. On your scale of evil, am I a 1 or 10?

It's definitely well below the level of mass murderer.

Vote tory, 5.

Fail to vote tactically against tory, not evil, just irrational and pointless.

I totally agree, electoral reform is way overdue.

---------- Post added 05-06-2017 at 07:42 ----------

I disagree, obviously. With the exception of a few constituencies, a vote for green might as well be a vote for tory, because all you're doing is taking an opposition vote and throwing it away.

What's more important, registering your support for a party in a seat where there is no chance of it winning, or making sure that the conservatives don't win that same seat... I know which is more important to me.

---------- Post added 05-06-2017 at 07:44 ----------

It's definitely well below the level of mass murderer.

Vote tory, 5.

Fail to vote tactically against tory, not evil, just irrational and pointless.

So I'm not evil now. But what do people need to do to be a 4 or maybe a 7?

My vote isn't pointless, it's not irrational. It's voting for what I believe is right. How many voted for ukip - how many seats did they win. We're leaving the eu now despite all three parties clearly saying they wanted us to stay in.

However, do you know who is irrational? The Labour Party. They thought, despite these trying times, it would be a good idea to choose a chap who in the past had enough contact with iRA for it to brought up regularly and highly conflicted views on nuclear weapons, and to push sodding Diane Abbott as a future Home Secretary. Forget about nationalising this or that, the cost of it all - just that. That's 30 seats right there, minimum. And you have the nerve to call me irrational? How dare you.

The biggest losers under our present system in 2015 was UKIP, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32601281. My biggest fear is that labour may strike a deal with the SNP.

Is not the Tories striking a deal with parties like the DUP a problem?

A good out come for me would be a progressive alliance between Labour and Liberal Democrats

On mine, if you vote Tory it's at least a six.

What score do I get for the following political credit history please?

Tory on Thursday

Green (in the days when "Small Is Beautiful" was more important than "More the Merrier")

Lib Dem (that nice chap Cleggie)

Labour (that nice chap Blair)

UKIP (Europe existed before the EU...I even spent every summer camping there as a kid)

Owning "The Very Best of Woody Guthrie" (from my student days)?

So that's 6 minus a few pints for voting the correct way when young and daft, minus a little for the album?

Halibut illustrates the slightly hysterical right and the massively (at the moment) hysterical left...and the adage that "Declining cultures cling ever more tightly to their Gods"

I bet he has voted this way for years since some trigger event ages ago...

and cannot consider any other viewpoint.

The reality is that as the world changes ever faster, your vote should change, because you are changing to...

It's been a bit ridiculous during this election to have 7 party leaders all given equal billing and debating at once on the stage, but not having a corresponding system of Proportional Representation.

It's almost as if the media want to split the Labour vote isn't it...?

It's been a bit ridiculous during this election to have 7 party leaders all given equal billing and debating at once on the stage, but not having a corresponding system of Proportional Representation.

It's almost as if the media want to split the Labour vote isn't it...?

I'm not sure of your point here..are you saying that only Mr Corbyn should be allowed on TV to state his case and the other "minority" parties shouldn't be there?