Trading cryptocurrency?

Isn't the purpose of cryptocurrency to hide the identity of the owners? Its all about financial privacy for criminals.

No, it's about cutting out the banks.

The banks crippled the economy last time round remember?

This is well worth a watch...

It is a load of cobblers!

It is a load of cobblers!

I know, complete rubbish init!

What are we thinking, most people are perfectly happy with the current system in place, and getting shafted left right and centre by the banks, I mean, I trust them implicitly, don't you?

I just can't see the point in developing / embracing new technology and seeing where that may lead. Just doesn't make any sense to introduce decentralised systems that give the power back to the people. Far better to leave it in the hands of the world's (completely trustworthy) elite.

Complete cobblers as you say...

I know, complete rubbish init!

What are we thinking, most people are perfectly happy with the current system in place, and getting shafted left right and centre by the banks, I mean, I trust them implicitly, don't you?

I just can't see the point in developing / embracing new technology and seeing where that may lead. Just doesn't make any sense to introduce decentralised systems that give the power back to the people. Far better to leave it in the hands of the world's (completely trustworthy) elite.

Complete cobblers as you say...

Of course no-one has made a killing on Bitcoin have they..?

Of course no-one has made a killing on Bitcoin have they..?

Yep, as everyone knows, anyone who ever bought bitcoin is now destitute and living in a cardboard box! :)

Edited by Waldo

This is not a recommendation but just to say that I have recently bought a stack of crypto called THETA TOKENS.

Here's a part of their write-up from their website...

“Theta’s innovation is set to disrupt today’s online video industry much in the same way that the YouTube platform did to traditional video back in 2005,” said Chen. “One of our biggest challenges had been the high costs of delivering video to various parts of the world, and this problem is only getting bigger with HD, 4K and higher quality video streams. I’m excited to be part of the next evolution of the streaming space, helping Theta create a decentralized peer-to-peer network that can offer improved video delivery at lower costs.”

- Steve Chen, co-founder of YouTube and adviser to Theta Network

You can look at their performance on...

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/theta-token/

If I win big time I'll come back smiling :), if I lose big time I'll come back disgruntled :(.

Edited by Marsman

There's a billion of those tokens available, and only $17 million in trade a day.

Needs alot more interest before the price will rise significantly.

I hope you didn't put alot of money in, they're not even the only company trying this.

I hope you didn't put alot of money in, they're not even the only company trying this.

I didn't put more in than I can afford to lose. But thanks all the same.

Listen (via the i-player) to a salutary programme last night on BBC Radio 4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09tdyjz. Don't get fooled again!

Very interesting programme.

But who or what is the final backstop for the currency? with the UK Pound or American Dollar its the UK or

American government.

Bitcoin appears to be a sort of IOU system for organised crime where some of the general public have been

suckered in with the promise of get rich quick, a sort of Ponzi or Pyramid scheme for computer addicts.

All you have to do is sit at your computer and between sessions of viewing salacious material, buy a few

bit-coins how easy is that? Are you really that stupid?

The problem is that people have been suckered into thinking it's one thing when its actually something else.

The theory behind cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology is what is important, and what is almost definitely going to be the future backbone of many many things.

Unless you really know what you are doing, trading crypocurrency is a lottery, a minefield and likely to lose you money.

People need to look past the money making/investment side of cryptocurrency and look at the huge amount of applications that it can be used for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicoin - this coin gives content providers a platform that simplifies the process of revenue generation and and distribution.

https://www.timicoin.io - this coin claims that "What problem are we solving?

Till now, healthcare was not a connected network. Isolated facilities and isolated user data broke healthcare continuity. The scope was very narrow for data analysis, remote monitoring and global access to health data. Timi HR uses blockchain technology to create a network of authentic health data under which all the data can be accessed from anywhere in the world, anonymously and with the highest rate of availability and reliability"

Smart contracts are also really interesting - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_contract

This guy is very good at explaining the wider applications that cryptocurrency can provide - https://www.youtube.com/aantonop