Ideas for cheap/free things to do

I dont enjoy walking

I had to stop in today as wasnt well.

Tomorrow only thing i can think of is swimming again.

Edited by Chazndave

I dont enjoy walking

I had to stop in tomorrow as wasnt well.

I would have suggested taking a good book to a nice park, finding a bit of grass a little away from distractions and lie in the sun/shade for an hour; maybe take something to eat and drink too... unfortunately tomorrow's a bank holiday so obviously it's going to rain.

I dont enjoy walking

I had to stop in today as wasnt well.

I don't enjoy walking either, however I do it out of necessity as I cant afford to run my car or pay bus fares .. its 3 miles to work and 3 miles home and ive done it every day for the past year or so .. not liking it is an excuse not a reason. get yourself some decent headphones/earphones and music to listen to, plug in and go.

If you get out walking around your area you will come across lots of people to chat to - I now do a short detour on my way to work to talk to the dogwalkers, most are very friendly!

You will also start to see the best blackberry/elderberry bushes .. soon be time to pick to make jam/cordials/wine .. always a cheap way of packing out your pantry on the cheap.

You might also find things people have dropped .. ive picked up money - usually coins but those £5 notes spring out of peoples pockets on a regular basis!, valid bus passes (the weekly card ones - will help you get out of the house) and a friends son picks up the thousands of discarded scratchcards that seem to litter every street around here only to find they have winnings on them! only £1 or £2 but hes picked up around a dozen or so and it all adds up.

On my walk past my local Asda I womble receipts people leave in trolleys and do the price comparison thing on their website .. had myself lots of free shops on those!! the best one I found was worth over £6, and I regularly (ie monthly) do a £20 shop with them .. its easy to find receipts as the lazy folks just drop them on the floor or leave them in the bottom of their trolleys ..

Get yourself signed up to the websites that do surveys/freebie trials .. interesting walk to the delivery depot to pick up your parcels!!

Due to having zero money, I also grow a lot of my own veg .. having a wander round the local allotments you get chatting to people and some are more than happy to swap/share seedlings .. you can even get very cheap allotments if that's something youd be interested in?

Freegle sometimes has people posting stuff they need help with .. worth a look? plus the amount of stuff people now post as 'wanted' is amazing - good way to get chatting to people if you have something they need, good way to network and meet people.

As others have said, lots of opportunities to get out of the house with volunteering ... homeless charities will always accept help.

good luck :)

I dont enjoy walking

Perhaps it's something you can learn to enjoy if you give it a chance...

Gentle exercise such as walking is very therapeutic for low mood and depression - and it's free.

Did you not used to do dog walking, start that again, it beats walking by yourself.

I'd probably put effort in to getting a good, stable full time, well paid job.

see the forum all other events that's gives you a great choice every week of events/ideas of things to do,join a local group there are plenty that need help as and when you feel okay to go.

I'd probably put effort in to getting a good, stable full time, well paid job.

Perhaps you don't understand depression.

I understand how you feeel! I've experienced this before and I do suffer with anxiety/depression at the moment to the point I stay at home all the time! But yeah I love going to Crookes Valley Park, Ponderosa, Weston Park. I find them so peaceful. Also winter gardens in town. Maybe give the central library a visit? I always find a good book and a hot drink always help. ❤️ Best wishes

Have you thought about arts and crafts? Pianting an drawing are very therapeutic. I find making things for my home or friends very fulfilling and feel a sense of satisfaction. Take a look at some youtube tutorials. you could try finding your family tree or doing an online course.