Sign in to follow this  

Optician - Bates Method

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an optician in Sheffield that will do the following two things:

1) Work with me on natural eyesight improvement techniques (i.e. the Bates Method).

2) Give me a reduced prescription so that I can buy cheap glasses online with a reduced prescription (in line with natural eyesight improvement methods).

Does anyone know of an optician in Sheffield that would be willing to work with me on natural eyesight improvements?

Are you an optician that is familiar with the Bates Method at all?

I am looking for an optician in Sheffield that is willing to work with me on natural eyesight improvement.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with some knowledge in this field.

Many thanks

What do you mean by a reduced prescription?

Before you read my response I must stress that I am not qualified in optometry, but do have an interest.

I would imagine it depends if any of these methods are approved by the General Optical Council, which each optometrist must be registered with in order to practice.

I believe there is little research into such as the Bates Method; and personally believe that a reduced prescription will simply mean your eyes need to work harder in order to see clearly, thus causing further strain on the eye.

If you drive, I would expect a struggle for anything to be advised that would leave your corrected sight below the legal driving guidance.

If there is anyone who does, I would expect it to be someone working/owning ab independent rather than one of the multiples.