Statesmanlike speech on terrorism from Jeremy Corbyn.

Although I agree with some of Corbyn's statements on defence and foreign policy (Trident in my view is a waste of money; we should not intervene in foreign conflicts which have little to do with the UK), his track record of supporting the IRA and applauding Castro and some other nasty regimes undermines a lot of what he says.

He says we need more police. Probably true.

He says we need to challenge radicalisation in prison. Tommy Robinson has spoken about this.

He says we need to review foreign policy. There are arguments both for and against our foreign policy being responsible. According to the anti-extremist on QT last night Isil don't mention our foreign policy in their English publications. The 7/7 bombers and killers of Lee Rigby certainly did.

So Mossdog is clearly talking nonsense.

Unless he thinks his solution is better.

We are all ears Mossdog.

Corbyn's speech was full of the expected soundbites, we can have more police, more troops and more support for the intelligence services, but what would he allow them to do about the suspects, the dodgy mosques and the hate preachers ? Would they be allowed to hound them and restrict their movement, or would they be bound by the same old fluffy sensitive approach policies we currently use or worse ?

A typical Corbyn speech in a lot of ways. No concrete solutions, but a lot of rhetoric, as befits a politician who has been in permanent opposition. Would he go after terrorists? I doubt it.

Corbyn's speech was full of the expected soundbites, we can have more police, more troops and more support for the intelligence services, but what would he allow them to do about the suspects, the dodgy mosques and the hate preachers ? Would they be allowed to hound them and restrict their movement, or would they be bound by the same old fluffy sensitive approach policies we currently use or worse ?

What would you do to fight IS network put aside politics for a moment ?

A typical Corbyn speech in a lot of ways. No concrete solutions, but a lot of rhetoric, as befits a politician who has been in permanent opposition. Would he go after terrorists? I doubt it.

He said the agencies that deal with terrorism - the police, security services would receive the support and funding that they need to do the job to keep us safe.

Granted, he won't personally go after terrorists like Theresa May does....

Why wouldn't he go after terrorists?

We need get operatives inside IS itself to get intelligence on them training camps need to be uncovered and targeted . Like IV said Trident can't do these things yes nice to have but not much help on a war on terror.

I'm quite sure we've got operatives in IS already.

I'm quite sure we've got operatives in IS already.

More than likely and the US too.

I agree totally on not getting involved in wars but i would have liked a bit more explanation on how he would change foreign policy.If a middle east country asked for our help would we refuse them.I do not think it is time to give up nuclear weapons yet,the world is too dangerous and we have too many enemies,mostly of our own making.I still do not trust him to run the country though,i have too many problems with a lot of his policies same as i do with all the main parties.I will still be abstaining on the 8th of june.

I agree totally on not getting involved in wars but i would have liked a bit more explanation on how he would change foreign policy.If a middle east country asked for our help would we refuse them.I do not think it is time to give up nuclear weapons yet,the world is too dangerous and we have too many enemies,mostly of our own making.I still do not trust him to run the country though,i have too many problems with a lot of his policies same as i do with all the main parties.I will still be abstaining on the 8th of june.

This is the thing, I remember watching people in Libya asking for our help, look where that's got us. The same with Syria. SOME people in a middle eastern country might want our help, others very much might not. Would we have backed a winner? Would we leave a power vacuum like we have in Iraq and Libya? Our foreign policy needs to change to make us a bit safer, but if it's only us changing it, the world won't change.

Reviewing foreign policy. More money for police. Look at what is happening in prisons.

If you were interested you would have watched the video.

What would your response be? A bunch of lickspittle flecked full stops?

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 16:54 ----------

You mention God a lot for an atheist.

It just fits in with the jist of the post. I suppose I could have said, fairy, leprechaun it's much the same thing.

Angel1.

Jeremy is certainly resilient and the gap is closing. I certainly won't vote for the second coming of the witch, but then my green vote round here is likely one in the bin anyway.

It would be nice to see a new way of working but I don't think Jeremy is that way inclined really. I have read some of the manifesto and in theory i am in favour but i'm not 100% convinced.