Statesmanlike speech on terrorism from Jeremy Corbyn.

So Saint Jeremy tells us we are at war with terrorism. God help us if by the biggest surprise in History he was elected PM. He would capitulate the day after.

Angel1.

Then you weren't paying attention.

Corbyn may or may not be right but what you have written there is rubbish.

.......go on then I'll bite..........what were his answers to terrorism?

.......go on then I'll bite..........what were his answers to terrorism?

Reviewing foreign policy. More money for police. Look at what is happening in prisons.

If you were interested you would have watched the video.

What would your response be? A bunch of lickspittle flecked full stops?

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 16:54 ----------

So Saint Jeremy tells us we are at war with terrorism. God help us if by the biggest surprise in History he was elected PM. He would capitulate the day after.

Angel1.

You mention God a lot for an atheist.

Fun fact, Germany export more weapons than we do, which all adds grist to the economic mill, So do France (bu they're a nuclear power I think).

While I'm at it, we have year on year, spent money on fighter jets (specifically interceptors) without complaint. The only aircraft the Raf have shot down since world war 2 is one of our own. Some can be used to against ground targets but not all by any stretch.

What surprises me is that Germany has turned out to be the most important country and 'leads' in Europe, yet it hasn't got any nuclear weapons.

Do our politicians really need them to maintain their position or is it all about ego?

What surprises me is that Germany has turned out to be the most important country and 'leads' in Europe, yet it hasn't got any nuclear weapons.

Do our politicians really need them to maintain their position or is it all about ego?

As we've just voted out of the EU there's an argument we need nuclear weapons and the arms industry in general to remain relevant. Otherwise, what's our role in the world? We were part of the eu and also Americas sidekick - we stop following Americas foreign policy and what are left with?

The only aircraft the Raf have shot down since world war 2 is one of our own. Some can be used to against ground targets but not all by any stretch.

Fun fact - yet again tinfoilhat didn't check his facts...

RAF pilots have only had 2 confirmed kills in RAF aircraft since WWII. These were the 2 Egyptian Spitfires mentioned previously destroyed in 1948 by RAF Spits when Britain was trying to disengage from the Palestine region as Israel was created.

However, RAF pilots have gained a further 13 confirmed kills whilst seconded to other services (7 flying USAF F-86s in Korea and 6 whilst flying RN Sea Harriers during the Falklands War). A further 3 kills were made by Canadian nationals who were still in the RAF and flying USAF Sabres in Korea (I think some of those are listed as RCAF in ECM's post above as they subsequently transferred). Additionally, there is at least one 'undeclared kill' which is known to have taken place by an RAF Javelin against an Indonesian C-130 (some reports state it was an An-12) during the Indonesian Confrontation but which was never acknowledged for political reasons.

RAF AWACS also controlled 3 of the 6 NATO kills (2 x F-15C and 1 x F-16C all against MiG-29s) over Serbia during the Kosovo War in 1999.

Pedantic I know - but you wouldn't like to misinform would you...?

Angel1.

Would he?

How about retreating from perpetual war and become a good global citizen instead?

After Brexit we need to make tough choices, perpetual war may not be an affordable one.

We have to be realistic.

Fun fact - yet again tinfoilhat didn't check his facts...

RAF pilots have only had 2 confirmed kills in RAF aircraft since WWII. These were the 2 Egyptian Spitfires mentioned previously destroyed in 1948 by RAF Spits when Britain was trying to disengage from the Palestine region as Israel was created.

However, RAF pilots have gained a further 13 confirmed kills whilst seconded to other services (7 flying USAF F-86s in Korea and 6 whilst flying RN Sea Harriers during the Falklands War). A further 3 kills were made by Canadian nationals who were still in the RAF and flying USAF Sabres in Korea (I think some of those are listed as RCAF in ECM's post above as they subsequently transferred). Additionally, there is at least one 'undeclared kill' which is known to have taken place by an RAF Javelin against an Indonesian C-130 (some reports state it was an An-12) during the Indonesian Confrontation but which was never acknowledged for political reasons.

RAF AWACS also controlled 3 of the 6 NATO kills (2 x F-15C and 1 x F-16C all against MiG-29s) over Serbia during the Kosovo War in 1999.

Pedantic I know - but you wouldn't like to misinform would you...?

So since 1948 RAF aircraft haven't officially shot anything down. Ta. How much have we spent on interceptors in that period?

And my fact on arms sales was correct.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/arms-trade-exporters-importers-weapons-transfers-sipri-a6891491.html

Edited by tinfoilhat

Reviewing foreign policy. More money for police. Look at what is happening in prisons.

If you were interested you would have watched the video.

What would your response be? A bunch of lickspittle flecked full stops?

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 16:54 ----------

You mention God a lot for an atheist.

.......I did watch the video sunshine! hence my comment!.........you have come on forum with a handful of posts trying to punch above your weight,go finish your homework!

Although I agree with some of Corbyn's statements on defence and foreign policy (Trident in my view is a waste of money; we should not intervene in foreign conflicts which have little to do with the UK), his track record of supporting the IRA and applauding Castro and some other nasty regimes undermines a lot of what he says.

.......I did watch the video sunshine! hence my comment!.........you have come on forum with a handful of posts trying to punch above your weight,go finish your homework!

So you are saying Corbyn had no solutions to terrorism but you didn't even listen to what he had to say before forming that opinion?

I think it's plain for all to see what type of person you are.

You don't agree radicalisation in prison needs challenging? You don't think we might need more police? You don't think we should evaluate our foreign policies?

What do you think we should do then?

That can be your homework.

Edited by Entwined

Im on the fence as far as trident is concerned. But, we arent world leaders anymore and by binning off of nuclear deterent our level of importnace at the top table will reduce further, because as an absolute cast iron fact, the US, Russia and everyone else with nuclear weapons will not get rid of them. We'll just look more insular than we're already starting to look.

This is a global problem, but a problem that could be reduced on our doorstep by abadoning all and any desert based wars or intervention. We could stop selling weapons (the cost on jobs and tax revenue would be massive) but our children would be safer. Children in places like libya etc would arguably be a lot less safer. Theyll get weapons from somewhere.

We need get operatives inside IS itself to get intelligence on them training camps need to be uncovered and targeted . Like IV said Trident can't do these things yes nice to have but not much help on a war on terror.