When will the Blades be relegated?

There are no easy games at any level.

---------- Post added 08-06-2017 at 22:06 ----------

only comment re-united is if you buy lower league players that's were you end,owls league winners,already backed them at 12-1,fulham,hull and sunderland up there with aston villa ,reading and Barnsley.

I think we know all about that. But it's a flawed argument to be fair.

I saw my team, Sheffield United, implode on themselves by buying inferior 3rd division players like, Terry Garbutt, Colin Franks, etc from Watford, when we were in the old 1st division. I also saw them do back to back promotions from the 3rd division to the Prem by signing players like Brian Deane and Tony Agana from 3rd division teams.

It's not about where the players come from, but where they are capable of going to.

I saw my team, Sheffield United, implode on themselves by buying inferior 3rd division players like, Terry Garbutt, Colin Franks, etc from Watford, when we were in the old 1st division. I also saw them do back to back promotions from the 3rd division to the Prem by signing players like Brian Deane and Tony Agana from 3rd division teams.

It's not about where the players come from, but where they are capable of going to.

Totally agree with this. If anyone can get the best out of a player, Chris Wilder can.

Correct. Examples of that are Coutts and Freeman. Previous season Coutts was hopeless and Freeman was sent to a lower division on loan, yet last season Freeman was in the Div one Team of the Season and I suspect that the only reason Coutts wasn't was because there were already five Blades players in it, including, Moore, Duffy, Sharpe, Freeman, Fleck

Don't forget though pal that United of the era you're talking about also included Currie, Scullion, Eddy, all from Watford

Correct. Examples of that are Coutts and Freeman. Previous season Coutts was hopeless and Freeman was sent to a lower division on loan, yet last season Freeman was in the Div one Team of the Season and I suspect that the only reason Coutts wasn't was because there were already five Blades players in it, including, Moore, Duffy, Sharpe, Freeman, Fleck

Don't forget though pal that United of the era you're talking about also included Currie, Scullion, Eddy, all from Watford

Yes they did. We had so many good players from Watford that I think we made them a preferred supplier! Really rated all those 3 - TC needs no explanation -

Scullion was a clever player - good entertainer on the wing - and Eddy was as calm as you like midfield ball player - although he wore his shorts disturbingly high! - all good stuff.

I think you're very pessimistic about the Blades prospects this coming season btw. I don't know any Blade who is thinking we're going to romp away with the title, but you're right at the other end aren't you? Talking about survival and avoiding relegation. I think that's as equally ludicrous as the other extreme tbh. The reality is, somewhere in between, i.e. mid-table with a very good chance of being upper mid table based on what we know now - today. That forecast can only get rosier depending on who else we sign between now and the start of the season next month.

Edited by DerbyTup

Guest sibon

Blackburn went down with 51 points last season. So, United are 60% of the way to safety :)

As an Owl I think United will do OK, probably mid table

Hard to say who will get relegated this season because there are no clear whipping boys in this league, Rotherham are no longer in the league

Could be a tight league this season

I -as an Owl-agree- and the Blades will finish at least in the play-offs, they don't appear to let the opposition scare them (that is not a comparison of Leeds United in 1964 I must say.) The teams already at the bottom : Burton Albion, Bolton, Birmingham City and dare I say Sunderland three of them could be in Division One by the season end. Rotherham United are no longer there but would be ironic if the Millers swapped divisions with the Wearsiders. As Wednesdayite since 1957, as it is now, the Owls are not going too far very quick.

Edited by stpetre
Add

only comment re-united is if you buy lower league players that's were you end,owls league winners,already backed them at 12-1,fulham,hull and sunderland up there with aston villa ,reading and Barnsley.

Blimey bassett, these are worse than my pre season predictions:)

Blimey bassett, these are worse than my pre season predictions:)

I think his crystal balls have gone on the blink.:hihi::hihi:

5 wins, 5 draws and 21 losses should see us safe. Achievable?

Forget the draws. Blades don't draw; they win or lose. Drawing is for wimps.