I'm gutted! Advice needed on how to lose weight

God, was it that long ago ?

Just lay off the spuds duck, but I am sure that you have done well.

A word of caution though, don't over do it, one day at a time. :love::thumbsup:

Well done, feel proud of yourself.

Thats very nice of you, thanks. :)

I'm going to have to do it all again now once my LO is born :hihi:

Just keep at it and you will get there in the end as I am currently on this diet and so far i have lost ten pounds but as i have done this before i am doing it myself and you will get there in the end and i also go to the gym twice a week which helps a lot.

If any of you guys are getting fed up with the diets/finding the results not what you expected, there is an alternative.

If you are prepared to train for one hour every week, you can see a real difference. Not only will you see a real increase in your fitness levels, you will see a definate improvement to your body shape.

You will be doing excersises that are 100% effective, and past results speak volumes about the effectiveness of the workout

All results have been achieved without the need to follow a constant diet, or take pills, you simply eat sensibly and in moderation.

Tuesday Class

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=368168

Wednesday

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=480503

Personal Trainer

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=454733

All classes have friendly atmosphere.

Edited by Shef_Fitness

There's a lot of tosh posed on here, taters are only fattening when you deep fry 'em or add butter/marge/fatty cheese. I have loads of 'em, but they don't count towards your 5 a day. Over 5 years i've lost 4 stone with Slimming World. I first did it alone and lost 3 stone in 6 months and i did'nt folllow the plan strictly. I have not altered my drinking habits one bit! I get through 30-36 pints a month. I am convinced food is a greater devil,white flour especially.If you want fat in the mashed taters i recommend "laughing cow light" cheese triangles,usually five of these.

Bin your own scales, they do your head in. They're notoriously inaccurate and unreliable,even WW digital ones.

Go on your monthly weight progress.

As for an earlier posting re our ancestors were'nt fat..that's because Burger King /Pizza Hut were'nt invented back then!

What have i had for tea tonight?? Syn free chips (not pretty or tasty but the healthier option) Two breaded Haddock fillets,a tin of mushy peas,fried mushrooms and a fried egg...belly buster or what.

Daily at work it will be

Tinned pasta,Ravioli,Spaghetti(Spag Bols too) or Macaroni cheese.

3 Boiled eggs

3 Bananas

Fruit with Mullerlight yoghurt

Is that enough for ya?

Hi, Im having the same problem. I have been doing WW for a long while and really done not very good so I have decided to start again. This last week has been one long hard slog.

I have been having my points then eating after and its not because Im hungry but bored and then I go to bed and even get up in the middle of the night and eat and recently I got made redundant and its made me less motivated and through sheer boredom I have lost my motivation and my will to lose weight. I know that the next time I go out with my mates for my best friends birthday I will be wearing the same outfit because it makes me look reasonably ok and I know that I will feel **** again, So I have just had my tea which was a chicken sandwich because I had a chicken dinner with lots of veggies today so am not hungry. I am going to try not to eat now until tomorrow morning as I have had my points and all I will drink now is water and dilute no added sugar orange.

good luck

Lisa33

How to lose weight - the million dollar question! There are dozens of diets out there. Some work, some don't. Take a look at http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/diet_fitness/dieting/ which outlines the main points of each and whether they actually work.

But to be honest, no so called diet really works (and I should know). Because even if you lose a few pounds when you're on them, you put it straight back on when you finish the diet plan. Weight watchers is one of the better ones though because of the weekly weigh-ins, and the points system is pretty effective. Give it time, you may see better results.

Howver, it has to be said that the only truly effective way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. More exercise, fewer takeaways, smaller portions, less snacking in between meals. It's not easy but it's the only way to lose weight permanently.

How to lose weight - the million dollar question! There are dozens of diets out there. Some work, some don't. Take a look at http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/diet_fitness/dieting/ which outlines the main points of each and whether they actually work.

But to be honest, no so called diet really works (and I should know). Because even if you lose a few pounds when you're on them, you put it straight back on when you finish the diet plan. Weight watchers is one of the better ones though because of the weekly weigh-ins, and the points system is pretty effective. Give it time, you may see better results.

Howver, it has to be said that the only truly effective way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. More exercise, fewer takeaways, smaller portions, less snacking in between meals. It's not easy but it's the only way to lose weight permanently.

you have hit the nail on the head there its a lifestyle change, i have done all the things you mentioned, exercise, smaller portions, no takeaways, and its made a huge difference

Can someone please give me some advice on how to lose more weight. I'm not to keen on fruit or veg and do a little bit of exercise. I started weight watchers last week and i actually thought i had done very very well until i went back 2night and got weighed and discovered i had only lost 1 1/2 pound but my mum has lost 4 1/2. I was well cheesed off, i actually felt like crying!!:sad:

I have used my daily points allowance everyday, not going over or not having enough and i have eaten salads and ww food. When i spoke to my leader she sed i had done quite well although i had only lost 1 1/2. Can someone give me any advice/tips please!!! :help:

A word of general advice:

Whatever you do, DON'T EVER order 'dietry supplements' or 'diet pills' off the Internet; Seek advice from a qualified DOCTOR and use a legitimate LICENCED High Street Pharmacy.

Almost all 'Internet Pharmacy' businesses are UNLICENCED and breaking the law to a lesser, or usually greater extent, marketing INFERIOR or FAKE products which can KILL, and have KILLED.:gag:

For example: http://qualitymedsdoor.com/

I should make a distinction here, however, between those illicit Internet only pharmacies and websites of ESTABLISHED High Street pharmacies, which are of course fully legal and comply with all current legislation, and generally often only use websites as a general information service about stores and products which you can buy in store.:thumbsup:

Can someone please give me some advice on how to lose more weight. I'm not to keen on fruit or veg and do a little bit of exercise. I started weight watchers last week and i actually thought i had done very very well until i went back 2night and got weighed and discovered i had only lost 1 1/2 pound but my mum has lost 4 1/2. I was well cheesed off, i actually felt like crying!!:sad:

I have used my daily points allowance everyday, not going over or not having enough and i have eaten salads and ww food. When i spoke to my leader she sed i had done quite well although i had only lost 1 1/2. Can someone give me any advice/tips please!!! :help:

As you know weight is easier to put on than to lose, but i found that if you stick to what you are doing the weight loss will very steadily increase, so just try to do a little bit more excercise and don,t get disheartened. good luck

As posted a bit back, i'm done with dieting for now. I'm pregnant so can't diet but thanks for the advice. I'm sure i'll bear it in mind when i start again next year.

sex chuck,and lots of it;)

Hope all goes well with the nipper xxx