The Sun - shameless scumbags?

Any comment on the £100k they've put to the fund for the victims.

Yes. It's an ultimately empty gesture from moral degenerates.

Yes. It's an ultimately empty gesture from moral degenerates.

So they should take it back then.

Nah, I don't read that rag. I was simply adding some balance to the stories about the Tories containing ex-IRA members.

The further links were to evidence the story that was disputed.

Not balance though is it?

It's deflection.

On the one hand you've got people involved in a peace process.

On the other you've got a person who wrote a book about their involvement in the IRA, and carried a gun, and strongly believed in armed struggle to a point where she would attempt to purchase the weapons. That one is the Tory politician.

Missing the point by a country mile as per usual Michael - do you really not see any problem with printing a photograph of a murdered child with her killer's face right next to it? Or are you morally bankrupt as well as desperately naive?

I'm not missing anything by a country mile, your outrage and condemnation of a newspaper and a printed photograph is missing the point, where is your outage and condemnation of the incident or indeed Islamic terrorism generally, you along with a few others generally sit in the apologist camp ..... morally bankrupt indeed, your post is pathetic !

What a set of horrid people you are.

Read it all back and just look at yourselves

I agree. Very poor.

Missing the point by a country mile as per usual Michael - do you really not see any problem with printing a photograph of a murdered child with her killer's face right next to it? Or are you morally bankrupt as well as desperately naive?

Perhaps explaining what you see as the problem first might enable others to debate the point.

I agree. Very poor.

Really?

I think we've moved on from the reason the sun went out with the wrong headlines the next day. It's an acceptable explanation.

Horrible for calling out rank hypocrisy around attempted smears against people who only sought peace. I don't think so.

Not balance though is it?

It's deflection.

On the one hand you've got people involved in a peace process.

On the other you've got a person who wrote a book about their involvement in the IRA, and carried a gun, and strongly believed in armed struggle to a point where she would attempt to purchase the weapons. That one is the Tory politician.

I don't think a local councillor is equivalent to the leader of a party. I doubt any member of the cabinet is even aware of who she is.

Pretty sure all the parties have some small fraction of councillors involved in, or that have been involved, corruption or other nefarious things. At least based on what I have read about various cases in Private Eye.

I don't think a local councillor is equivalent to the leader of a party. I doubt any member of the cabinet is even aware of who she is.

Pretty sure all the parties have some small fraction of councillors involved in, or that have been involved, corruption or other nefarious things. At least based on what I have read about various cases in Private Eye.

Of course they're not equivalent but that's irrelevant anyway.

Senior Tories will be aware of who she is. The story broke nationally in 2008.

Perhaps explaining what you see as the problem first might enable others to debate the point.

Are you really not able to grasp it?

Imagine your gaughter had been murdered - would you want their image plastered all over the Sun's front page next to the face of her killer?

To be honest the media these days are just full of hate and negative stories. They very rarely write stories which show human kindness perhaps this negatively has made its way into society. I get Halibut's point about Sun's front page not nice for the family concerned.

Are you really not able to grasp it?

Imagine your gaughter had been murdered - would you want their image plastered all over the Sun's front page next to the face of her killer?

I don't see a particular issue in what you're offended by. The side by side, victim/perpetrator image just illustrates/summarises the story on one front page.