SCC Start to Enforce Against Blue Badge Misuse

I just have doubts that people that appear to be able bodied, ie able to walk normally and unaided, are in need of a blue badge.

No matter what doubts you have, that people appear to be able bodied, ie able to walk normally and unaided, are in need of a blue badge. (your own words), until you have the medical expertise to give a qualified opinion you should keep your big mouth shut. Councils just don't give a blue badge out easily as you think, there are various tasks they have to perform with goverment dept's to ensure that the person is entitled before one is issued, over the last 4 years there has been big changes into how they are now given out. As i have said before a disability does not always show on the out side of a person, but you obviously know that with you being brain dead, so you never know you may be in the running yourself to get a badge, be it a disabled one or even a Blue Peter Badge.

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

I was under 30 when I got my first blue badge (although they were orange then). Since then I have got heartily fed up of the number of people who feel that it is their place to accuse people, including me, of using a badge fraudulently.

Yes, I'm young, and yes, I'm tall, and yes, when I can walk I walk faster than some people feel it is appropriate for someone with a disability to walk. However, on a really good day I can do 50 yards, on an average day only 20. Have you tried getting ANYTHING done with only walking 20 yards?

How far do you walk around a supermarket? Clue, it's longer than 20 yards.

When you've walked 20 yards around a supermarket, is there anywhere to stop and have a sit until the pain goes away so that you can do another 20? Of course not!

It's been years since I've been able to do anything without planning where the nearest parking is to anywhere I go, and in the future this will only get worse until the inevitable wheelchair happens, and due to my disabilities I won't be able to use a manual wheelchair because I only have one working arm, so I will then be stuck with being unable to get a heavy electric chair from my car unaided unless I can afford a heavily adapted vehicle.

If you genuinely think that blue badges are issued willy nilly these days then you really need to think again. You only get a blue badge these days if you get the higher mobility portion of DLA/PIP (for which you will have supplied evidence an inch thick from at least 2 medical practitioners, plus probably having an assessment) or you can provide evidence to your local council. Either way round, the criteria are a lot tougher than they used to be.

Anybody misusing a badge is far more likely to be using a stolen badge, using a relative's badge illegally or using a badge which has expired, which is a different kettle of fish entirely.

So you are classing SCC and the Courts the same

AND YES MONKEY I HAVE A BLUE BADGE

You are deeming i havnt got an illness or a blue badge without even seeing me, how long did you spend at medical school?

. So you are registered disabled like myself you have a Blue badge then why on earth are you worried that a person you see walking from a car in a disabled space with a blue badge on display MAY NOT be disabled ???

. So you are registered disabled like myself you have a Blue badge then why on earth are you worried that a person you see walking from a car in a disabled space with a blue badge on display MAY NOT be disabled ???

That is one way of looking at i, if i see a person parking in a disabled bay, lets say at the top of Dixon Lane, gets out of the car and then tare arses around town like a good un, i have every right to question why he has a blue badge, and just for the record i have seen this many times, also i accept entirely what planner1 has posted.

Also to answer your question, they are taking a disabled persons parking space

---------- Post added 01-06-2017 at 07:37 ----------

I was under 30 when I got my first blue badge (although they were orange then). Since then I have got heartily fed up of the number of people who feel that it is their place to accuse people, including me, of using a badge fraudulently.

Yes, I'm young, and yes, I'm tall, and yes, when I can walk I walk faster than some people feel it is appropriate for someone with a disability to walk. However, on a really good day I can do 50 yards, on an average day only 20. Have you tried getting ANYTHING done with only walking 20 yards?

How far do you walk around a supermarket? Clue, it's longer than 20 yards.

When you've walked 20 yards around a supermarket, is there anywhere to stop and have a sit until the pain goes away so that you can do another 20? Of course not!

It's been years since I've been able to do anything without planning where the nearest parking is to anywhere I go, and in the future this will only get worse until the inevitable wheelchair happens, and due to my disabilities I won't be able to use a manual wheelchair because I only have one working arm, so I will then be stuck with being unable to get a heavy electric chair from my car unaided unless I can afford a heavily adapted vehicle.

If you genuinely think that blue badges are issued willy nilly these days then you really need to think again. You only get a blue badge these days if you get the higher mobility portion of DLA/PIP (for which you will have supplied evidence an inch thick from at least 2 medical practitioners, plus probably having an assessment) or you can provide evidence to your local council. Either way round, the criteria are a lot tougher than they used to be.

Anybody misusing a badge is far more likely to be using a stolen badge, using a relative's badge illegally or using a badge which has expired, which is a different kettle of fish entirely.

My Bold

all i have had to do to renew my blue badge is show is a bit of paper from the DWP that says i get the higher rate of the mobility component

Edited by kidley

I honestly think you have to much time on your hands there are far more serious things to worry about health issues etc regular in my local Morrisons and Tesco you see a gorgeous blonde or brunette lady getting out of a brand new range rover in the disabled bay going to the cash machine fit as a fiddle do I question it ? No I admire the view I suggest you calm down get out and enjoy the sunshine ! Have a good day

I honestly think you have to much time on your hands there are far more serious things to worry about health issues etc regular in my local Morrisons and Tesco you see a gorgeous blonde or brunette lady getting out of a brand new range rover in the disabled bay going to the cash machine fit as a fiddle do I question it ? No I admire the view I suggest you calm down get out and enjoy the sunshine ! Have a good day

I suggest you right to SCC with those opinions as they are clamping down on things like that, or have you not read the thread topic?

I havnt questioned the need for anybody in need to have a blue badge.

you are correct, i have seen allot of so called "blue badge holder" what i do deem not to need one.

You've decided that you are capable of assessing disability by looking at someone in the street.

You aren't. You are incapable of such a thing. The reasons why have now been well explained to you, and you're clearly not interested.

Cyclone is an expert on everything, didn't you know :rolleyes: You must always make way for his or her (I'm unsure which) expertises on any given subject after he or she has googled the subject for 5 minutes.

To continue your approach, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and your assumption that a person who appears to be able bodied and without any need of assistance may well not need a blue badge. I mean, if there was not people playing the system or blatantly abusing it, there would be no need to crack down would there.

If a blue badge is for people with severe mobility problems, then seeing someone perfectly capable of movement could be an indication that either they are abusing the system or as in some cases, are picking up a person for whom the badge is intended

Vigilance by the general public is a benefit to the people trying to enforce the rules. Those who tell you to mind your own business are the same people who will moan that the cost to enforce is too much and would prefer we just look the other way. If the public took an interest, maybe we could highlight to the authorities those who appear to be abusing the system for further scrutiny by those who can make a decision.

ile third that again

Attack the poster if you can't attack the post.

So you are classing SCC and the Courts the same

AND YES MONKEY I HAVE A BLUE BADGE

You are deeming i havnt got an illness or a blue badge without even seeing me, how long did you spend at medical school?

What the hell are you on about.

1. SCC and the courts don't judge weather you need a blue badge, a panel of some sort does. One of whom I am suspecting has a medical background.

2. When did I deem you haven't got an illness? You obviously have.

Really! Do yourself a favour and come off the internet for a few days.

No matter what doubts you have, that people appear to be able bodied, ie able to walk normally and unaided, are in need of a blue badge. (your own words), until you have the medical expertise to give a qualified opinion you should keep your big mouth shut. Councils just don't give a blue badge out easily as you think, there are various tasks they have to perform with goverment dept's to ensure that the person is entitled before one is issued, over the last 4 years there has been big changes into how they are now given out. As i have said before a disability does not always show on the out side of a person, but you obviously know that with you being brain dead, so you never know you may be in the running yourself to get a badge, be it a disabled one or even a Blue Peter Badge.

Well OK fair enough. My questions on this subject are honest questions that don't come from some malicious place; I wouldn't begrudge disabled people blue badges or anything else.

btw, I like how Medusa has edited your post to fix the tags, not to remove the insults :hihi:

What the hell are you on about.

1. SCC and the courts don't judge weather you need a blue badge, a panel of some sort does. One of whom I am suspecting has a medical background.

2. When did I deem you haven't got an illness? You obviously have.

Really! Do yourself a favour and come off the internet for a few days.

Totally agree