SCC Start to Enforce Against Blue Badge Misuse

Victim surcharge? Exactly who is the victim in these cases? Could it by any chance be the council?

yes it is and by the nature its us, as fradulent use stops people paying for a space that money is then goes into the coffers to pay for things.

it does look like if you are caught its best to turn up to court as the fines are significantly higher if you dont attend

Lindsay Grant, 39, of Crowder Road, pleaded guilty to using a disabled blue badge in Mushroom Lane, Sheffield, on September 27 last year and was fined £80, and ordered to pay costs of £45 and a victim surcharge of £30.

Islas Ali, 43, of Birley Moor Avenue, pleaded guilty to using a disabled blue badge in Surrey Street, Sheffield, on 10 October last year and was ordered to pay £120 fine, £45 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Pavan Sharma, 35, of Hall Farm Way, Smalley, Derbyshire, pleaded guilty to using a disabled blue badge in Trippet Lane, Sheffield, on 13 October last year and was ordered to pay £120 fine, £45 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Abdallah Alkanbashi, 33, of Sedan Street, was found guilty in his absence to using a disabled blue badge in Burgess Street, Sheffield, on 20 October last year and was ordered to pay £440 fine, £410 costs and £44 victim surcharge.

Heidi Alsadon, 42 , of New School Road, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Balm Green, Sheffield, on 18 October last year and was ordered to pay £80 fine, £45 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Lesley Saunders, 51, of Greenhill Road, Sheffield, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Victoria Road, off Collegiate Crescent, Sheffield. on 20 October last year and was ordered to pay £300 fine, £410 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Jayne Dickinson, 49, of Farrier Gate, High Green, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Carver Lane, Sheffield, on 28 October last year and was ordered to pay £300 fine, £410 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Shaun Smedley, of Alma Street, Alfreton, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Fitzwilliam Street, Sheffield, on 6 October last year and was ordered to pay £166 fine, £200 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Sonia Edgar, 38, of Newstead Road, Barnsley, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Collegiate Crescent, Sheffield, on 11 October last year and was ordered to pay £80 fine, £200 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Nadweem Shah, 42, of High Gate, Sheffield, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Earl Way, Sheffield, on 14 October last year and was ordered to pay £80 fine, £200 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Sarah Harries, 55, of Holdings Road, Sheffield. pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Arundel Street, on 19 October last year and was ordered to pay £90 fine, £200 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Shamila Fazal, 29, of Bawtry Road, Sheffield, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Bank Street, Sheffield, on 6 October last year and was ordered to pay £80 fine, £200 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Parshotam Gupta, 77, of Riverdale Road, Sheffield, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in West Street, Sheffield on 24 September last year and was ordered to pay £300 fine, £410 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Kevin Marshall, 59, of Castledale Place, Sheffield, pleaded guilty by letter to using a disabled blue badge in Matilda Street, Sheffield, on 28 October last year and was ordered to pay £228 fine, £410 costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Stephen Daley, of Lindhurst Road, Barnsley, was found guilty in his absence to using a disabled blue badge in Love Street, Sheffield, on 6 October last year and was ordered to pay £440 fine, £410 costs and £44 victim surcharge.

Loubra Kromer, of Adkins Road, Sheffield, was found guilty in her absence to using a disabled blue badge in Surrey Street, Sheffield, on 30 September last year and was ordered to pay £440 fine, £410 costs and £44 victim surcharge.

Hardeep Pabla, 56, of Hamilton Road, Sheffield, was found guilty in her absence to using a disabled blue badge in Rockingham Street, Sheffield, on 17 February this year and was ordered to pay £440 fine, £410 costs and £44 victim surcharge.

These lot deserve all they get.

its a disgrace that someone could even think to misuse a bluebadge,they should be locked up.

i hope they are going to include genuine blue badge holders from taking people shopping and sitting in there car while they come back, taking up a disable persons parking space, That really does get my goat,

ie taking there able bodied wife shopping and using the blue badge to park, and the blue badge holder never getting out of the car.

i hope they are going to include genuine blue badge holders from taking people shopping and sitting in there car while they come back, taking up a disable persons parking space, That really does get my goat,

ie taking there able bodied wife shopping and using the blue badge to park, and the blue badge holder never getting out of the car.

Why shouldn't they? They are waiting in that space for their disabled partner to return.

How many people do you know do this? Do you approach every occupied vehicle in a disabled space and ask the driver if they are able bodied and waiting for their disabled wife?

The badge holder is entitled to park there under the national scheme, so there isn't anything to be done. It would require a change to the conditions of use, which is something the government would have to do.

I believe if the badge is used illegally then the Badge Holder and fraudulent user should both get the maximum fine available and the badge withdrawn for good.

Why shouldn't they? They are waiting in that space for their disabled partner to return.

How many people do you know do this? Do you approach every occupied vehicle in a disabled space and ask the driver if they are able bodied and waiting for their disabled wife?

My Bold

I advise to read my post again

Because the disabled person is sat in the car and an able bodied person has gone shopping is what I assume Kidley is saying. That means they are preventing a disabled person who might need the space from using it.

Because the disabled person is sat in the car and an able bodied person has gone shopping is what I assume Kidley is saying. That means they are preventing a disabled person who might need the space from using it.

Bang on Ian:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 25-05-2017 at 15:57 ----------

The badge holder is entitled to park there under the national scheme, so there isn't anything to be done. It would require a change to the conditions of use, which is something the government would have to do.

I think you maybe wrong on this occasion Planner

C & P

You should not allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits from your badge while you sit in the car.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/rights-and-responsibilities-blue-badge-holders

Good news for genuine blue badge users. Sheffield Council are now enforcing against wrongful use of blue badges. See: http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/seventeen-prosecuted-for-wrongful-use-of-blue-badge/

Thats good news having experienced people abusing this service, its long over due. The council need to have a way to report people via their website.