SCC Start to Enforce Against Blue Badge Misuse

I think you maybe wrong on this occasion Planner

C & P

You should not allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits from your badge while you sit in the car.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/rights-and-responsibilities-blue-badge-holders

Yes, you are right. I checked with Parking Services and they do issue penalties to blue badge holders in these circumstances.

My Bold

I advise to read my post again

My apologies, I did read that wrong. But it still begs the question of how you know a disabled person is waiting for an able bodied passenger.

Blue Badges should only be given to people who really need them. People in wheelchairs etc

You only have to sit in a supermarket carpark to see that blue badges are massively abused.

Yes, you are right. I checked with Parking Services and they do issue penalties to blue badge holders in these circumstances.

Thanks Planner much appreciated.

What if the disabled person (driver) stays in his car and the wife pops into the shop solely for his benefit?

I agree this is good news for genuine blue badge holders

For those saving a few £s or a saving themselves walking a few extra metres - is it worth a criminal record?

What if the disabled person (driver) stays in his car and the wife pops into the shop solely for his benefit?

In that circumstance the car ought to be parked in a non-disabled person spot as the non disabled person getting out to use the shops isn't disabled.

Blue Badges should only be given to people who really need them. People in wheelchairs etc

You only have to sit in a supermarket carpark to see that blue badges are massively abused.

'....to see that blue badges...... therein lies the problem, some illnesses are more obvious than others. It is not the disabled who are abusing the system, but unfortunately not everyone is honest. Perhaps a little less judgement and a bit more understanding and compassion?

All the sanctimonious know-alls, that are so clever that they can look at a person and decide what is wrong with them and if they need a blue badge, should surely be working for NHS. They would save us fortune.

That's a good word - sanctimonious, I haven't heard that in a while, perhaps not spent enough time on public forums :-)

All the sanctimonious know-alls, that are so clever that they can look at a person and decide what is wrong with them and if they need a blue badge, should surely be working for NHS. They would save us fortune.

i thought they worked for some body, they are called PIP interviewers,

i thought they worked for some body, they are called PIP interviewers,

Kidley. I think we're getting confused. I'm talking about those who have the ability to see and decide illnesses immediately. I maybe wrong but I thought the PIP interviewers were bits of kids on the phone therefore they need X-Ray vision to assess applicants.