Thoughts on moving to Dronfield

Hi,

I'm after some recent opinions on Dronfield. We are thinking of moving from S6 to somewhere bigger and for good Primary and Secondary schools.

Are there any areas to avoid? What's the better side Dronfield Woodhouse vs Coal Aston?

many thanks!

Dave

---------- Post added 23-05-2017 at 17:09 ----------

Sorry posted in the wrong section - could someone move this thread to Sheffield Property & Housing please!

Dronfield and Dronfield Woodhouse are in Derbyshire if that makes any difference ?

Nope, I'm just trying to get people's opinions of both.

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave , I've lived in all three parts of Dronfield. I'd say Dronfield woodhouse more family's live there . Coal aston more retired people live there. No real bad areas. Personally I preferred Dronfield Woodhouse to Coal Aston although I live in Central Dronfield now . Pubs and restaurants are good . Schools have a good reputation. Only downside is houses can be a bit more expensive than surrounding areas .

Edited by rubydo1

We moved to Dronfield Woodhouse from S13 nearly 4 years ago.

I can't recommend the area enough - great local community, good public transport links to Sheffield and Chesterfield, supermarkets, good schools (one of the reasons we moved) and some CRACKING pubs/restaurants.

House prices are certainly going up in DW, so much so that if we were to move to DW now I'd doubt we'd be able to afford it.

Cracking area Dave, IMO.

Thanks guys, good to hear positive stuff!

Can you recommend any good primary schools in the area? It looks like St Andrews CE Methodist Primary School has the highest score of kids meeting expected standards but no idea how good the school actually is!

thanks!

We moved to Dronfield just over 2 years ago from central Sheffield and haven't looked back since.

Great for our 2 small kids, lots of decent pubs and restaurants, good bus and train connections to Sheffield and Chesterfield and the schools seem great (our eldest starts at Dronfield infants in September).

The house prices are increasing rapidly so if your going to go for it then id try to buy ASAP as most places are going up £10-£25k per year from our experience.