Help with googles business listing

hi i have a google business page and im wanting to not show my address and village just show the town

i have ticked the box to say i serve customers at there address no one comes to my home

any tips please would be welcome

You can pop into the Google Digital Garage in Barkers Pool and ask them in person! It's free and they're here for the next 5 months.

Also while I'm on check out g.co/sheffieldgarage for info on all the free workshops they're running too whilst they're here

i have ticked the box to say i serve customers at there address no one comes to my home

Bit confusing. So if you have a shop/cafe/whatever this is why not put that address on Google?

I think you could do with explaining more or follow NewBiz's suggestion.

We have had this discussion before. The rules are slightly different for partnerships, sole traders and limited companies but all must show an address on all communications and websites to be legally compliant, even if they don't trade on line. There is one exception, can't remember what it is. Its something small like a business card or compliment slip.

If you are not comfortable using your home address get a virtual office or use your accountants address.

Just remember; it could very well put customers off contacting you buying from you. I won't buy from a business if their address isn't found easily. Some decent sized companies make this mistake too.

Links showing a summary:

https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/miscellaneous/company-and-business-names

The regulations can be found on .Gov website but are lengthy and time consuming to read and pick apart.

Edited by Chez2

I am a sole trader running a small business happy to share my address with website customers just don't want any Tom Dick or harry at my door

I live in a small village and alone with my three small kids and cats so I am worried about security.

I have asked Google they say only I can edit the address they can't do it but when I remove my road and village leaving the town it's asking me to verify and add an address

I am a sole trader running a small business happy to share my address with website customers just don't want any Tom Dick or harry at my door

I live in a small village and alone with my three small kids and cats so I am worried about security.

I have asked Google they say only I can edit the address they can't do it but when I remove my road and village leaving the town it's asking me to verify and add an address

It's a legal requirement, check the link I added for you. Use a virtual office address. If it's only for occasional post or calls i.e. a trading address then it will only be £20 per month. You may even get one cheaper.

So why are other buisness on Google listed as Sheffield no postcode and no address?

IV seen a lot of buisness same

Jennycakes I have a similar issue with Google other cat sitters have just Sheffield on there listing IV tried to edit mine on phone and laptop refuses to list as Sheffield

I find it puts customers off if they see you live a distance away and don't bother to email you hence why I also asked for Sheffield.