Manchester Arena explosion 22/05/2017

Why does it?

Six to do the guarding, 14 to do the paperwork, 27 middle management and a fraction of a Chief Constable is the most I can think of...

most up to date figures i can get from here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11251792/Only-a-fraction-of-terror-suspects-can-be-watched-247.html if you can find the actual figure let us know :thumbsup:

most up to date figures i can get from here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11251792/Only-a-fraction-of-terror-suspects-can-be-watched-247.html if you can find the actual figure let us know :thumbsup:

Maybe 60 is an over estimate?

A French security agent has said that to keep one person under surveillance for 24 hours a day, it’s going to take 18 to 20 agents per suspect.

There are 6,000 employees at GCHQ and 4,000 at MI5. But there are up to 3,000 suspects in the UK. At the French ratio, you would need 60,000 officers to track them all. That's almost half of Britain's total number of police officers, 127,000 (PDF). It's an impossible job.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/mi5-agent-how-surveillance-of-islamic-state-terrorists-works-2016-1

What is a real gamechanger in this type of Terrorism (compared to the IRA)

is that these religious nutcases are willing to kill themselves, to kill you !

Now that's a very hard thing to combat.

Our Security Services must be stretched to the very limit.

These bombings / killings wont stop. Lone wolf attacks are obviously hard to detect.

You only have to look at the amount arrests made / house raids that have happened since Monday nights atrocity carried out by one man.

This problem is more widespread than we think.

You only have to look at the amount arrests made / house raids that have happened since Monday nights atrocity carried out by one man.

It probably isn't half as widespread as many people think.

How many of those arrests and raids have resulted in charges and actual results?

They will have cast a wide net as a show of strength and for information gathering. Also perhaps to see who gets spooked by it.

These bombings / killings wont stop. Lone wolf attacks are obviously hard to detect.

They believe that it's a fast track to Paradise:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronald-tiersky/isiss-deadliest-weapon-is_b_12087084.html

as opposed to Barzakh and waiting untill Judgement Day.

Judgement Day: 50 signs of when it will be!

Dr. Suhaib Hasan

From a lecture at Cambridge University:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?1651-50-Signs-of-the-Day-of-Judgment

I've never seen a rally at the local mosque here, it is on a bit of a busy junction though, so not entirely convenient: if I was holding a rally I'd hold it down the road a bit.

As it happens, just the other week there was quite a big rally, not far down the road. They had a messianic figure and a grab bag of rousing slogans: is that the kind of thing you mean?

have you not?? cant say i have either although firthpark area is a bit more radical i hear! maybe not here in southern Sheffield but certainly Manchester, Leicester, London & Birmingham.

really what was the big rally the other week that had a messanic figure?? and rousing slogans you say??:suspect:

---------- Post added 29-05-2017 at 12:32 ----------

They're usually marginalised young men in the first place, often with a history of offending; they are wound up by others who cite the violence done by western governments in Muslim countries as something needing violent revenge. They are made to feel special, important.

marginalised my ****, how was abedie marginalised?? he was encouraged even by his father by the sound of it in Libya. its the hate preachers that wind them up here and abroad preaching that Islam is the only way. its the cultural leaders that are at fault not the governments.

really what was the big rally the other week that had a messanic figure?? and rousing slogans you say??:suspect:

Yes, so should they be arrested as radicals?

Or were they far enough fro the Mosque that it doesn't count?

It is your proposed rule: I just seek to clarify it.

Yes, so should they be arrested as radicals?

Or were they far enough fro the Mosque that it doesn't count?

It is your proposed rule: I just seek to clarify it.

i dont know who you are talking about??? please clarify

A depressing aspect of acts of terrorism for me is that I cannot see an end to it -within the boundaries of an open society ( defined by Karl Popper).

There must be informers in the community involved ? if not then the question should be why not.

I like the ideas of Lucas, Farron and Corbyn a whole lot better.

Id vote for the chuckle brothers before those three. In fact the chuckles would do a better job than those.

i dont know who you are talking about??? please clarify

You cannot make laws that target specific people: it doesn't matter who I'm talking about.

They were radicals (according to the press at least) having a rally outside a mosque.

That was, as I understood, something you were saying they should be locked up for.