Any creepy roads in Sheffield?

Guest makapaka

The roads up by Wyming brook - redmires.

Grange Lane - from the bottom of Deep Lane up to Thorpe Hesley.

The Seldom Seen Engine House in Eckington Woods would be a great location for a scene in a horror film.

woodhead road, grenoside to Stocksbridge by-pass

lowedges crescent scares the crap out of me! :)

If you don't need it to be tarmac, there is a lane that goes up by Beauchief Abbey (off Abbey Lane) and ends at Greenhill. The first half is the access road to what used to be De la Salle college, the second half is a track between the golf course and is blocked at the top end so no through traffic.

Hi, we're producing a short horror film in the next few months and we're trying to find the perfect road to film on. We're looking for a long enough road that is surrounded by trees and has no road markings. Almost a country road but covered mostly by trees and bushes. One that isn't often used and doesnt have parking within it so we don't have any cars in the shots. If anyone knows of a road like this or one similar please let me know.

Thanks

I suggest you ask the guy who run "Steel city ghost tour" from Town Hall. He is real expert on this subject and tour is great fun.

If it's not for a car to go on you could try frog walk

Bunting Nook at the side of Graves Park? Top of Cobnar Road at Woodsests?

I'll second these two options; additionally there are some local tales that Bunting Nook really is haunted!

you could try some of the roads round wards end cemetry

you also get the added bonus that the residents might want to be extras :)

There's a road at Wentworth which might be suitable.

It's even called Burying Lane !!

100% the best road I know off that matches all of your criteria is East Field Lane, it's the country Lane that goes from Laughton En Le Morthen to Firbeck, it's very quiet and runs through open countryside & along the side of Kings Wood (supposed to be haunted as it's near Roche Abbey). One part of the road is like a tunnel through the trees, I used to cycle down there & it's even spooky in the day.