Meadowhall Prostate Cancer Stand

I'm just interested to know if the Prostate Cancer stand in Meadowhall are chuggers (charity muggers) or are providing a "free" public service?

I'm just interested to know if the Prostate Cancer stand in Meadowhall are chuggers (charity muggers) or are providing a "free" public service?

Good question, unless you know for certain a charity is real honest and authentic there is a very big risk that a so called charitable organisation is there to enrich themselves more than they care about people in real need.

I don't know the answer to the question, just like to say it is good to see people are starting to wake up to the mafia side of certain type of charities and investigate before giving blindly to the wrong people.

I would say chuggers the way the bald bloke spoke to me yesterday :suspect:

i would say they are

I would say chuggers the way the bald bloke spoke to me yesterday :suspect:

I cannot say if this is a genuine charity, not having seen the stall.Do you have the name and address of the charity concerned.

All I can say as someone who has acted as a guinea pig for a research scheme

into Prostate Cancer for the past 15 years at the Hallamshire Hospital, other

hospitals throughout the UK have been taking part . This scheme has now been

completed. However other research is still being carried out, but it is not known

if this wlll be carried on because of lack of government funding

In conclusion the stall may well be genuine.

I cannot say if this is a genuine charity, not having seen the stall.

I've no doubt they are genuine charity just like the thousands of other genuine charities we have in the UK, otherwise they would not be granted a semi-permanent installation in Meadowhall. My question is whether they are an "advice service" for men as they appear to be at first glance or wanting to sign people (men) up for a direct debit at the end of a 5 minute pitch, or a bit of both.

I have seen "chuggers" in meadowhall before. Near Argos/sports direct

as long as they aren't offering an on the spot examination

I don't mind stalls for charitys ect,but I dislike people just stopping you random when there not asked.

I've no doubt they are genuine charity just like the thousands of other genuine charities we have in the UK, otherwise they would not be granted a semi-permanent installation in Meadowhall. My question is whether they are an "advice service" for men as they appear to be at first glance or wanting to sign people (men) up for a direct debit at the end of a 5 minute pitch, or a bit of both.

Could you not go and ask them next time you are there?

Does free public service involve a curtain, rubber glove and lube?

In the middle of Meadowhall :hihi: