Hirsty at logger heads .

I remember watching Georgie Best play against the Owls at Hillsbro (I think Sam Ellis was at centre half), Georgie weighed around 8 stone wet through and was pithed but skipped around the Owls heavy brigade at will .

I have forgot how many goals he scored that match but will never forget him taking the Micky out of our much bigger lads.

Sam Ellis ! The mention of him in a Wednesday shirt as just about made my day !

Thanks for that insight Sheridan. My post is not in response to your post but the OP. In some circumstances Hirsty may have been given a run but due to the pressures involved in trying get in/remain in the play offs, I am not surprised CC did not involve Hirsty.

Thanks for that insight Sheridan. My post is not in response to your post but the OP. In some circumstances Hirsty may have been given a run but due to the pressures involved in trying get in/remain in the play offs, I am not surprised CC did not involve Hirsty.

He could have given him a run out v Fulham.

Guest sibon
I would have put Hirsty on bench than Nuhiu tbf ;)

Nuihu was Carlos's plan B. Not a great plan B, I grant you.

I think Dave will be gone in the summer and possibly FF too. That should open up some opportunities for Hirst. He really must play some first team football next year.

Jim I don't think he could have risked him against Fulham in a match he didn't want to risk players but didn't want to lose.

The light weight comment is based on seeing the lad play and having an opinion from that.

He looked better and stronger against Hull (I said millwall in error earlier post) than when I've seen him before.

He is of similar build to Crouch .

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 20:54 ----------

Wrong on all counts ..,

David Hirst has been to Hillsborough at most home games since resigning from his roles at Wednesday..

His resignation from the club is to save any conflict between himself & the club over the terms offered to his son to sign a new contract...his current one has another year to go...Hirst junior and or his representatives & the club are miles apart on what he's worth salary wise ..hence why he's not signed a new one.

Its nothing to do with his lack of first team appearances it's all about money.

And so Todays Times report is also a load of wrong on all accounts :confused:

The squad for that game were players who were going to have a chance against Huddersfield.

He is of similar build to Crouch .

Have you ever actually seen him? He's nowt like the build of Crouch! Very few people are.

The squad for that game were players who were going to have a chance against Huddersfield.

Have you ever actually seen him? He's nowt like the build of Crouch! Very few people are.

Yes, isn't Peter Crouch 6' 7" ?

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 20:33 ----------

Good point Jim, perhaps the U23's were involved in an important game around the same time ?

Yes I see him on a regular basis .

Yes I see him on a regular basis .

Then how can you even compare his build/physique to crouch? Bizarre.

The Fulham game was Sunday the U23's had an important game on the Monday night (he scored 2).