Julian Assange debacle

want to say that again?

say what??:|

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 10:32 ----------

No it wasn't obvious at all. It was a scam to extradite him to the USA. Yes it's cost a lot, but they should have let him go in the first place. Common sense should have prevailed.

he should be extradited immediately, the Ecuadorian embassy should be given the option to give him up or lose diplomatic immunity.

say what??:|

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 10:32 ----------

he should be extradited immediately, the Ecuadorian embassy should be given the option to give him up or lose diplomatic immunity.

Then we get that childish tit for tat thing, you know how adults behave when they lose their toys.

Then we get that childish tit for tat thing, you know how adults behave when they lose their toys.

why would we???? is Ecuador such a big deal to uk trade or anything really?? i am guessing we are more use to them than they to us??

On what grounds?

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 07:54 ----------

I take it you have evidence to back this up?

Of course not. One of papers had comment from his victim who was less than chuffed the charges were dropped.

Why don't the police simply use on-duty police officers for Assange? They're being paid a wage for their shift anyway. Whats this 13.2 million for??

Why don't the police simply use on-duty police officers for Assange? They're being paid a wage for their shift anyway. Whats this 13.2 million for??

Good point.

Anyone know, or indeed care, why the swedes have dropped the charges?

From what I read on the BBC, it was because they had no realistic prospect of continuing the investigation. They said hey would continue if he was arrestable essentially. The alleged victim was not too happy.

was about

From what I read on the BBC, it was because they had no realistic prospect of continuing the investigation. They said hey would continue if he was arrestable essentially. The alleged victim was not too happy.

I believe the victim was enjoying consensual sex. The offence was about whether he was wearing a condom or not.

was about

I believe the victim was enjoying consensual sex. The offence was about whether he was wearing a condom or not.

so wheres the offence there ,either it was consensual or not ?

why would we???? is Ecuador such a big deal to uk trade or anything really?? i am guessing we are more use to them than they to us??

...and you're probably right but it doesn't stop anyone behaving childish. We send some of theirs home, they return the favour, it's how they do things. It's moot anyway as it won't happen.

Well yes, exactly. To be fair, the condom thing, (saying you'll wear one, and then not,) is an offence in some countries and can be classed as rape, but the sex was consensual. There is some doubt about the woman who complained - and that she was put up to it by an American federal agency.

There is a lot more to this than you think. The overall objective was to extradite Julian Assange to the USA over his Wikileaks whistleblowing page, which is revealing a lot about the USA's dodgy dealings with other countries, its warmongering stance, and arms sales.

You can see it as treasonable, or the truth that needs to be told, depending on which side of the fence you stand. All this stuff about 'fake news' is part of the same argument. The governments have little control over what's put out over the Internet, and they don't like it. People are beginning to get wise over what's going on behind the scenes and how they are being lied to..

Edited by Anna B

Guest makapaka

The charges against him have been dropped haven't they?