Who's at fault here in this car crash

Who was at fault for this crash?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was at fault for this crash?

• White car
    • Black car
    • Other answer

The black car tried to make a left turn where it shouldn't. The white car tried to go straight ahead where it should. How can it be the white cars fault?

The black car looked like it was merely staying in lane to go, physically, straight on, whereas the white changes lane, and into the black car.

Its poor road design.

The inside lane is marked as straight on towards Rotherham.

The middle lane is definitely NOT marked as M1N.

The black car did something it shouldn't do, the white car didn't.

I was under the impression that the black car was heading towards Rotherham and not M1N? In either case, the black car was at fault in my view as the lane markings suggest it could not go left from the middle lane.

I sometimes go to the viaduct (towards M1N) from the right hand lane of Shepcote lane and end up in the right hand lane of A631. But I'm always very cautious there as quite a few people try to go to Rotherham from the middle lane (of Shepcote lane) that eventually becomes the left hand lane for M1N only :-(

I haven't got a clue what has been going on, but understand that a new post is necessary to activate cyclone

Almost a collision

in almost the same spot. Police car and a flatbed truck.

Almost a collision
in almost the same spot. Police car and a flatbed truck.

The van moves left early, before the road markings indicate to do so...

Well I don't want to get into 30 page discussion on this :hihi:

however,

I think it's the police car in the wrong here.

The lane does move over and the van moves with it.

look here (assuming this map is same as video, which it looks like yes)

The lane that the lorry is in says, the driver can go straight on or turn right, the lane the police car is in says it can go straight on or turn left.

The lorry imo tries to jump the gun abit changing lane's?

Edited by kidley

Well I don't want to get into 30 page discussion on this :hihi:

however,

I think it's the police car in the wrong here.

The lane does move over and the van moves with it.

look here (assuming this map is same as video, which it looks like yes)

The lane moves over, but it looks like the lorry goes early to me, before the markings. That's what I meant by him moving early. It's correct that he moves left, but he went about 5 metres before the markings.

The lane that the lorry is in says, the driver can go straight on or turn right, the lane the police car is in says it can go straight on or turn left.

The lorry imo tries to jump the gun abit changing lane's?

The lane moves over, but it looks like the lorry goes early to me, before the markings. That's what I meant by him moving early. It's correct that he moves left, but he went about 5 metres before the markings.

Stop the film at 3m10secs,

and you can see the police is over the line, into the truck lane, hence the truck has to swerve

Yeah, you could well be correct.

The marking is a little faded in the 20-30 yards up to that point, which is why - I think - initially it looks like the truck sweveres into police.

Shame we can't do screenshots on here. There are 3 pictures in 3mins 10secs, that I think demostrate this.

Either way, this roundabout is a scatty one. I can't believe coming out of Meadowhall side, there is nothing to say which lanes to go into until right before it. I never would have thought that you can be in left lane in the approach and still take M1S, but you can.

-

What do you think kidneystone?

and do you still think truck fault kidley?

I dont think they did - the single lane that the flatbed was in splits into two....

Overhead GSV shows it better assuming it's not been repainted and changed since then https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tinsley,+Sheffield/@53.4129543,-1.4029303,48m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487977926b5841f5:0x64129befecf4a048!8m2!3d53.3986943!4d-1.3934168

Edited by Obelix