Who's at fault here in this car crash

Who was at fault for this crash?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was at fault for this crash?

• White car
    • Black car
    • Other answer

Who is at fault here, the red car or the blue car?

:hihi::hihi:

OMG. The memories, the memories!

BOTH cars should have been aware of each other and the rather low impact crash could have been prevented. However black car's fault as road markings show white car was in correct lane on approach.

This^^^^. Although I think the driver of the white car could and should have been able to react to the black car driver's mistake and avoid any contact. Although that's easy to say with hindsight, as the driver of the white car might be worried about peeling off left (which he/she could have done, but may have been worried about hitting the camera car).

Black car was in an appropriate lane to turn left, white car was in appropriate lane to go to Sheffield Road so 50/50.

White car was speeding up the inside of the black car with no due care or attention. Black car was not in a position to anticipate or react to what the white car was doing

This just goes to prove that 99% of drivers can't drive with the opinions I have seen on this thread. Clearly there is only 1 car at fault.

This just goes to prove that 99% of drivers can't drive with the opinions I have seen on this thread. Clearly there is only 1 car at fault.

and that is the car that turned into the other, irrespective of what lane the cars are in. dwdc and a

Your all wrong and cant obviously drive !

This^^^^. Although I think the driver of the white car could and should have been able to react to the black car driver's mistake and avoid any contact. Although that's easy to say with hindsight, as the driver of the white car might be worried about peeling off left (which he/she could have done, but may have been worried about hitting the camera car).

bold: how? No chance, unless they were half-expecting a bang - as I do every time I go around it* :hihi:

-

The white car was in the correct lane and the black was in the wrong lane.

I saw a post earlier which said marking were 40% to blame, but insurance companies don't blame road markings.

It's 100% the black cars fault in this case.

It's also 100% that the marking on this approach AND roundabout are dreadful. It's similar to the old Meadowhead markings problem, but this is slightly less dangerous because of traffic lights.

-

*As an out of towner shopping in Meadowhall - which the place encourages with its mere location - the exits aren't clear at all (other than the obvious left lane M1N and right lane M1S in the earliest approach) it's poor.

-

Even now, if not for google maps at this point here I'd probably think it quite acceptable to be in the right hand lane here for Bawtry.

In reality it's this:

Left lane for:

M1N

Rotherham (Magna)

Rotherham (Bawtry Road)

M1S

and right lane for:

M1S

(or u-turn)

It could do with a gantry AND remarking.

I did notice from other members links that on the other side coming from Magna/Templebro is now different and better than it was. When I lived at Tinsley heading into town, I soon learned that being in the wrong lane on approach was safer than the right one. :confused::hihi: Much as I do now. If going straight ahead here, I prefer to take the black car's route than the white ones, then carefully merge in the wide enter to Templebro

if you look at the video more closely, the black car drives into the white car.

if they both keep there lanes no bump.

On Street View you can see the road markings on the corner itself were altered around 2012 - before then, the markings made it clear that only the left hand lane could be used for the two lanes of dual carriageway down to the M1N/Rotherham. After that (ie now) the road markings on the corner indicate the central lane can also be used to turn left towards M1N/Rotherham, as well as go straight ahead.

It looks like the road markings at the traffic lights weren't updated accordingly which is what probably caused the accident. The left hand lane should be marked as for M1N/Rotherham only and not for going straight ahead - simple as that.

I think it's hard to say who is responsible, neither were very good at checking their surroundings. Personally I think the white car should have identified the road markings not allowing them to go straight ahead, even if they chose that lane correctly at the traffic lights based on the incorrect road markings there.