2017 General Election candidates (Sheffield)

Hallam is a marginal seat; there is a very good chance that Clegg will lose it. His majority is under 2500; there seem to be fewer Lib Dem posters up and more Labour ones and I know a number of people who are changing their voting pattern from previous elections. There is a feeling that a Labour vote is not a wasted one this year in Hallam.

Labour threw all their resources/best candidate at a decapitation strategy in 2015 and fell quite a way short. This time their candidate is the bouncer from West Street Live. They aren't even trying.

The Lib Dem will extend their majority - the natural Tory voters in Fulwood/Ecclesall/Dore/Totely etc (remember this is the 3rd richest constituency outside London) will prop them up. They are too posh to do posters - that's more a student thing.

Edited by Dan_Ashcroft

LibDems certainly are trying in Hallam! Yet another leaflet today urging us to vote for Nick to keep out Corbyn.

Printers should be doing very well out of their campaign if every Hallam household is being so deluged. I just wish all this bumph actually told me about their policies. Not a hint again tonight.

Have you noticed the fashion of politicians kissing babies has seemed to have stopped and not before time. The lastest gimmick seems to be eating ice cream cornetts or pulling pints, just to let us know that they are normal people.

I have always voted labour for over 30years ,but this time I find I just cannot give them my vote ,will never vote for the conservative and as for the others

Forget it ,so for this term I'm not voting at all think there will be a lot of people

Same as me today ,whoever wins think it will be the same old crap just another day :(

Personally I really like Tim Farron. Speaking to him, he seems so genuinely passionate about fairness and equality. He has a real fire that doesn't come across well in the media, especially to those who willfully seek to ignore it.

I am not surprised many Tories like JC's policies. There's very little in the Labour manifesto to help the poor and a stack of universal offerings which will benefit the 40% tax payers quite nicely.

Have you even paid it a cursory glance?

I have always voted labour for over 30years ,but this time I find I just cannot give them my vote ,will never vote for the conservative and as for the others

Forget it ,so for this term I'm not voting at all think there will be a lot of people

Same as me today ,whoever wins think it will be the same old crap just another day :(

You should always vote or at worst spoil your paper. People died to ensure we can put crosses in boxes. What has put you off Labour?

Labour threw all their resources/best candidate at a decapitation strategy in 2015 and fell quite a way short. This time their candidate is the bouncer from West Street Live. They aren't even trying.

The Lib Dem will extend their majority - the natural Tory voters in Fulwood/Ecclesall/Dore/Totely etc (remember this is the 3rd richest constituency outside London) will prop them up. They are too posh to do posters - that's more a student thing.

Increased labour vote by 20% and lost by just over 2000 votes - that's a harsh assessment.

If Nick doesn't retain Hallam it won't be for lack of effort. Since my last post we had a phone call last night, another leaflet beforte breakfast and two visits by activists during the day.

However, that effort has been very low on policy reasons and very high on tactical voting to keep out Corbyn. This corner of Hallam has had only the one free mailing from most of the other candidates.

This corner of Hallam has had only the one free mailing from most of the other candidates.

That shows the difference between having an MP with deep pockets and a local party having to raise money via raffles.

That shows the difference between having an MP with deep pockets and a local party having to raise money via raffles.

Max, it's the same here. Our MP is a government whip and has been able to send us loads of paper full of poo and paper for our bonfires. Our local Tories have made clear by the amount of paper they have sent out that they are against saving the environment. Labour and the LibDems haven't been able to compete.

Has sheffield revealed its votes yet? Ive just turnee tv on.

Guest sibon

Hi Dan:wave::wave::wave:

Has sheffield revealed its votes yet? Ive just turnee tv on.

No, but Sky News is reporting LibDem activists seem to be expecting Nick to have lost! No news of a recount, but result must be imminent otherwise.