2017 General Election candidates (Sheffield)

Perhaps you're just impressed with very privileged very well educated Public School types, Just like Nick Clegg, the very eloquent articulate politician who reduced his party to a rump grand total of 8 MPs in 2015. I have no idea what the Lib Dems stand for anyway other than Tory lite.

They are the only party (with the exception of the Greens) who are interested in maintaining our civil liberties for starters, and it's this reason why I align with the Greens over Labour. Labour tried to get ID cards brought in, Labour tried to get the internet monitoring laws brought in 10 years ago and failed and then supported the Tories this time around. Labour have as many skeletons in their closet over breaches of civil liberties. Not EVERY political issue is about money or economic ideology and for me, civil freedoms and liberties both in spirit and in law come very high up my agenda and Labour have a serious amount of work to do in this area as I'd would have put them on a par really with the Tories until the DUP debacle.

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 11:19 ----------

As far as I'm concerned, whether she has a house here or not, it was a cynical attempt to get into parliament on the back of the tree-feeling issue.

Unfortunately The Greens misread a small vocal minority's views to be more representative of the central ward's views.

I've found Paul to be an excellent local MP, but equally so could have voted for Shaffaq, Lib Dem candidate, as a good guy with genuine local connections. No need for Natalie whasoever.

A few people have made similar concerns that it was just completely the wrong target for the Greens, a fairly safe Labour seat, so as part of a potential progressive alliance why target that one? Bizarre choice really, surely going for Hallam was the better option if Sheffield was being targeted? Ah well, hindsight and all, I would have loved for the Greens to get another MP or 2 but I think so many people like myself were concerned the battles between Labour and Tories would be tighter than usual so we fell into a typical left vs right battle with the minorities (and LDs potentially) suffering as a result. UKIP and Greens both did poorly.

...I've found Paul to be an excellent local MP...

...A few people have made similar concerns that it was just completely the wrong target for the Greens, a fairly safe Labour seat, so as part of a potential progressive alliance why target that one? Bizarre choice really, surely going for Hallam was the better option if Sheffield was being targeted?...

Paul Blomfield is indeed an excellent and popular local MP (and he supports PR). The Greens had scant chance of overturning his majority, but I think they knew that. One small crumb of comfort is that Natalie Bennett received more votes in Sheffield Central than Paul Nuttall did in Boston and Skegness.

I was Natalie Bennett's agent in Sheffield Central. She has bought a house just above the station. She sought selection last summer due to Sheffield Central being the 3rd best national result in 2015 and aiming to build on that and become an MP. Jillian Creasy stood down as a councillor and active party campaigner immediately after the general election. Natalie was Green Party leader from September 2012 to August 31st 2016 on a salary that I think was linked to the living wage in London. She has not been employed by the Green Party since then and was just campaigning in Sheffield since selection in October while fulfilling some commitments around the country booked when she was leader.

I hope this covers the information on the thread. Like all parties we will review the campaign shortly - there is a by-election campaign going on right now. The hoped for 3 1/2 years of Sheffield campaigning did not materialise for Natalie with the election coming just 7 months after selection. Pinning down the next election date looks as difficult right now as it was during late 2017 and early 2017. Don't book your holidays!

Other than a misogynist, of course. Lots of skeletons to come out here.

https://order-order.com/people/jared-omara/

http://sdpuk.nationbuilder.com/steve_winstone_condemns_labour_attitude_women

We all have skeletons, but yeah laughing at domestic abuse isn't a great thing to have done in your past. Let's just hope he gets over that and does some good for woman instead eh?

We all have skeletons, but yeah laughing at domestic abuse isn't a great thing to have done in your past. Let's just hope he gets over that and does some good for woman instead eh?

There's worse to come, as anyone from back in the day will be aware. Labour really should have done some vetting. I'd give it 6 months before there is a recall.

There's worse to come, as anyone from back in the day will be aware. Labour really should have done some vetting. I'd give it 6 months before there is a recall.

Then that's really poor. Equally we all have a past, we've all done and said stupid things so what I said stands about hoping he gets on with his new job and does it well for all his constituents regardless of whether they voted for him or not.

Then that's really poor. Equally we all have a past, we've all done and said stupid things so what I said stands about hoping he gets on with his new job and does it well for all his constituents regardless of whether they voted for him or not.

I'm all for second chances/acknowledging the follies of youth. But this is unacceptable attitudes and serious character flaws. People are concerned about the views of the DUP...

I'm all for second chances/acknowledging the follies of youth. But this is unacceptable attitudes and serious character flaws. People are concerned about the views of the DUP...

I've had a quick Google and can't find anything online so I can't really say whether they are 'daft things said in youth' or something more troubling. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

I've had a quick Google and can't find anything online so I can't really say whether they are 'daft things said in youth' or something more troubling. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

There's somebody called Sophie Evans on twitter who seems to have some words to say about what Jared purportedly said to her recently. I won't link to them on a family forum.

Guest sibon

Some poor losers on here.

It used to say on Wikipedia that a band he was in aged 24 had misogynistic lyrics in their songs. The reference has since been removed and a comment added about him buying a suit when he learnt he'd won the seat. The last cache from Google shows it with that edit in place so the band reference being removed occurred sometime between him winning the seat and 11:52 today. The shadow "cleansers" were quick but not quick enough lol.

Oh well, here is the one of the band's songs. Judge for yourself.

https://order-order.com/2017/06/07/labour-candidate-i-wish-i-were-a-misogynist-id-smash-her-in-the-face/

Edited by Pinkman