2017 General Election candidates (Sheffield)

IMO

It would help if some of the candidates actually LIVE in (or at least sometimes visit) the ward they represent.

Otherwise regardless of party, I wouldn't vote for them.

well done to louise haigh she works very hard in our area and visits us often to see how we are at the lowedges tara.

Indeed. Kudos also to YouGov for calling that one - I certainly didn't.

Though with hindsight maybe not so surprising, given that Clegg only survived in 2015 because of tactical voting - the leaflets from the Tories were actually asking their supporters to vote for Clegg!

If you looked carefully at the letters from a Tory asking Tory supporters to vote Lib Dem you'll see a tiny, printed imprint from the Lib Dems.

There were just over 6,000 Tory voters who returned to the fold this year.

You mean they were actually from the LibDems, but made to look like they were from the Tories?? Is that legal?

As long as it has the official imprint from the party, however small that may be, it's legal.

Hallam has just gone to hell in a hand basket!!!!

A question please, does anyone know - if I have an issue about which I need to write to my MP, but I don't like or trust my MP, am I allowed to write to someone else's MP?

you can but it will be sent on to your MP

i must say you sound rather immature to believe it has gone to hell when he has only been elected on Thursday, why would you not trust your MP when you dont know what kind on MP he will be.

If you looked carefully at the letters from a Tory asking Tory supporters to vote Lib Dem you'll see a tiny, printed imprint from the Lib Dems.

There were just over 6,000 Tory voters who returned to the fold this year.

We received two or three letters from former Tory voters, one a former Tory candidate who posts on here. At first sight they appeared to be coming from an impeccable neutral viewpoint with Tory backing. But, yes, they had all the legal stuff to say they were part of the LibDem campaign.

I was not at all happy about all the literature I got from one party, and how little from all the others. I sense it became counter productive as voters were getting fed up with it all, and felt patronised. Those determined to vote LibDem from the start did so. It turned off a lot of natural Tory voters and probably some floating Labour voters, making them more likely to vote for their natural choice.

In my view if Nick's campaign team had stuck more to policies, and reduced the amount of tactical voting bumph they showered on Hallam, he might have squeeked home - but I'm not at all sure he really wanted another stint on the Commons' back benches.

you can but it will be sent on to your MP

i must say you sound rather immature to believe it has gone to hell when he has only been elected on Thursday, why would you not trust your MP when you dont know what kind on MP he will be.

I have to say Clegg's replacement didn't look very inspiring when he made his acceptance speech...

I have to say Clegg's replacement didn't look very inspiring when he made his acceptance speech...

You don't find a man with cerebral palsy becoming an MP to champion disabled causes inspiring then?

You don't find a man with cerebral palsy becoming an MP to champion disabled causes inspiring then?

Sorry. I've only just found that out. I didn't know, and yes that puts a whole different light on it.

Natalie Bennett (Green Party) is in with a chance in Central.

You're not a student of politics then Anna ?

Natalie Bennett Green 3,800

Paul Bloomfield, Labour 33, 968

---------- Post added 11-06-2017 at 17:43 ----------

Looks like I may just leave !

Have you gone yet :wave::wave:

---------- Post added 11-06-2017 at 17:47 ----------

Sorry. I've only just found that out. I didn't know, and yes that puts a whole different light on it.

Perhaps you're just impressed with very privileged very well educated Public School types, Just like Nick Clegg, the very eloquent articulate politician who reduced his party to a rump grand total of 8 MPs in 2015. I have no idea what the Lib Dems stand for anyway other than Tory lite.

---------- Post added 11-06-2017 at 19:00 ----------

But that was before the Labour Party imploded: they surely don't have much chance there now.

"Labour Party imploded" You should look beyond the Mail, Sun, Express, Sky News for your information.