2017 General Election candidates (Sheffield)

I haven't had a leaflet from any of the parties standing. I'm presuming that none of them want my vote :)

You should have received, through the post, an election leaflet from each candidate standing in your constituency. If you haven't then I suggest you take it up with the post office as they have been paid to deliver them.

Labour have said they will enact Brexit but they won't throw the baby out with the bathtub and cut their nose off to spite their face.

But we voted for Brexit at any cost: throw out the baby, cut off the nose, stick another grandma on the fire...

Anyone but not labour or lib dems they both will ignore what the majority voted for.

Jeremy Corbyn is very much in favour of leaving the EU. For different reasons and in a different manner but for leaving the EU. Which was the question on the Referendum. Their last leaflet made it clear that they have no interest in challenging the result

You should have received, through the post, an election leaflet from each candidate standing in your constituency. If you haven't then I suggest you take it up with the post office as they have been paid to deliver them.

Not that I'm bothered but I have only receive the one and that was from Labour.

I predict that the labour party will win all of these seats, apart from Hallam.

Natalie Bennett (Green Party) is in with a chance in Central.

Many of the "Freepost" leaflets will arrive late or not at all as they are not a priority for the Royal Mail and because of the timescales of a snap election with many of the parties having no national print facility to fall back on. So far for the Green Party a Heeley leaflet has arrived at Natalie Bennett's house above the station and a Hallam leaflet has arrived on Wilkinson St, close to the University of Sheffield Students Union. Mine arrived inside a Farmfoods advert leaflets so you may have chucked it away in error with junk mail. Expect a late rush right up to Thursday - and beyond! It's frustrating for parties and those who want to hear from them.

I've finally had a leaflet from my Labour Candidate (my former MP), but no others yet. Although I may have thrown some away with the 'leaflet' drops which I very rarely look at.

One of the frustrations as a leaflet deliverer is when you hear the phrase "we never get a leaflet or anything from your party" when you know that you put a leaflet through a day or so before.

Can anyone on here truthfully say they tell other occupants of the house when a political leaflet arrives or do you put it straight in the bin? Similarly, do other occupants tell you? With 2 adults in a household there's a chance that one or other will never see a leaflet.

With 2 adults in a household there's a chance that one or other will never see a leaflet.

How about when there is only one in the household and they still only get one leaflet as in my other post? I wonder how many here only got just the one which happened to be from Labour as well.

Edited by apelike

Many of the "Freepost" leaflets will arrive late or not at all as they are not a priority for the Royal Mail and because of the timescales of a snap election with many of the parties having no national print facility to fall back on. So far for the Green Party a Heeley leaflet has arrived at Natalie Bennett's house above the station and a Hallam leaflet has arrived on Wilkinson St, close to the University of Sheffield Students Union. Mine arrived inside a Farmfoods advert leaflets so you may have chucked it away in error with junk mail. Expect a late rush right up to Thursday - and beyond! It's frustrating for parties and those who want to hear from them.

I received a leaflet and, no, I did not throw it away in error. I threw it away because it is junk mail.

I did keep the Farmfoods advert leaflets as that at least had some money off vouchers.

Have there been any opinion polls released for any of the Sheffield seats?

It's a struggle for the pollsters to get a big and representative enough sample for the nationwide ones. You'd want a sample of at least 1000, which in a constituency would be about 4% of the eventual voters. So no.

They are also 6 very safe seats, so not of much interest. Labour vs Greens in central will perhaps be the only marginally interesting one.