Were your kids on Townend last night? if so, read on and be ashamed . . . .

I refuse to go to the Townend at night for anything, and especially the ATM at Sainsbury's/Jackson's, for precisely this reason. When I was 14/15/16 whatever these kids were, I wouldn't have expected a 33-year-old to be intimidated by me and my mates, yet this is how I would feel now. I shouldn't feel inferior to them, it should be the other way round.

There are three ATM's at Townend, and just finding one of the without gob or chewing gum all over the keys on it is an achievement, and that's assuming it's working too ......

Seriously though, that sort of thing happens more in summer with the longer days and warmer weather. Not that I'm condoning it, and certainly not the behaviour displayed in the OP's message. Townend also happens to be a convenient meeting place for kids from several areas. I lived round there for years and never had any hassle ....

All that you can do is to bring up your own kids properly and hope that folk like you outnumber the chav producing fraternity.

Greatest thing i've read on here :thumbsup:

The idiots are in a group and are showing off whilst drunk or on drugs. One of them has been racist and should be caned for it. But they are youths who in today scoiety are under pressure to show off. The key thing is the parents which is why i back Crookesey's statement.

thats it blame the parents again a child can be brought up properly but as soon as they get with their mates they change.Doing things to prove something to their mates it hard for kids today as people to quick to judge.Also getting hold of drugs is like buyin sweets for kids these days it was never like this it getting worse.

I make no moral judgment having once been a kid myself....

However I see no point in getting worked up about behaviour which is pretty much commonplace on our society - it's simply the mentality of kids when in a gang - they all engage in aggressive outlandish behaviour which to an older generation may seem offensive but to them is the norm.

Were you to meet one of them when they were on their own and had no-one to show off to, they'd probably come across as quite reasonable and probably a bit shy.....

Well you may not feel strong enough to make a moral judgement but I do.

It's wrong!!

Just because it is behaviour that is becoming more commonplace does not make it acceptable. I accept your point that it would happen more when they are in groups than it would if they were to be on their own, but that still does not make it acceptable.

The problem is that no one, but no one, including the police, will do anything about this sort of threatening, abusive and intimidating behavior, and therefore these scrotes think it is OK.

I totally agree they aint interested until someone gets hurt and it annoys me.:thumbsup:

thats it blame the parents again a child can be brought up properly but as soon as they get with their mates they change.Doing things to prove something to their mates it hard for kids today as people to quick to judge.Also getting hold of drugs is like buyin sweets for kids these days it was never like this it getting worse.

Hi minime. I know you sometimes feel that people pick on you, but please believe that I'm not doing. I'm just responding to what you've posted.

If you're implying that the parents AREN'T to blame if their children misbehave, whose fault do you think it is? Are you suggesting that once children are away from the parents, it's up to the children how they behave? In which case, how do we as society and parents bring up the next generation to have respect for others?

I only wish that I could understand why the youth of today feel the need to behave as they do. What possible pleasure you can get from being rude or committing mindless acts of vandalism, I just cannot imagine. My sons are 21 & 23 now, but were never part of the gangs that wandered the streets - they preferred to stay at home.

I know this is going to make e sound very old fashioned - but when I was young - I was not allowed to go out past a certain time - and the only to a friends house & we had no video's, dvd'd, computers, Play stations, not even a radio in our own rooms. I never felt the need to destroy anything. Maybe it is that they ave so much - they put little value on it - I don't know.

When I was 19 and THATCHER (spit spit) mentioned bringing conscription into the forces back, I almost soiled myself with fear, I wasnt a troublemaker, in fact I was a hard working little devil, but I knew several "Bad Lads" who mended their ways at just the mention of conscription.

Now I`m too old to be conscripted, I`m all for bringing it back, but then I`m a hypocrite and proud of it. I know that if my parents had heared that I was treating adults in the way those little sods treated that pizza bloke they would have skinned me alive.

Hi minime. I know you sometimes feel that people pick on you, but please believe that I'm not doing. I'm just responding to what you've posted.

If you're implying that the parents AREN'T to blame if their children misbehave, whose fault do you think it is? Are you suggesting that once children are away from the parents, it's up to the children how they behave? In which case, how do we as society and parents bring up the next generation to have respect for others?

yes i do i have brought mine up properly and now all im getting is grieve i have done my best as a parent and noone can say i ant.Iv spoke to um over been in a gang and rudeness they cant see owt wrong in it lets hope it dunt get personal like it did last time

I make no moral judgment having once been a kid myself....

However I see no point in getting worked up about behaviour which is pretty much commonplace on our society..

Rape, child abuse, domestic violence etc seem to be pretty much commonplace in our society aswell....so presumably thats ok, as long as everyones doing it?

It strikes me that this kind of selfish, misguided faux-liberalism is pretty rife too - as somebody else pointed out, its basically just apathy dressed up as reason. If one of these little cherubs started giving YOU some grief BasilRathbon, I think you would hastily re-think your attitude.

whoa whoa....all this arguing and infighting on the sheffield forum about these kids...so...lets look at the problem objectively and with reason...lets analyse the problem and devise the solution...these kids in a gang swearing and abusing adults ?? what do we do to stop them??mmmm ..yes!!! ive got it...we beat the crap out of them with a big stick..preferably a big stick with a nail in the end...what about the lawyers who fight for the rights of low life you ask??? simple..hang them by the testicles.....problem over....:idea:

whoa whoa....all this arguing and infighting on the sheffield forum about these kids...so...lets look at the problem objectively and with reason...lets analyse the problem and devise the solution...these kids in a gang swearing and abusing adults ?? what do we do to stop them??mmmm ..yes!!! ive got it...we beat the crap out of them with a big stick..preferably a big stick with a nail in the end...what about the lawyers who fight for the rights of low life you ask??? simple..hang them by the testicles.....problem over....:idea:

I dont think anyone was really suggesting that...but out of interest, if a group of kids started shouting abuse at you and then started punching you - what would be your reaction? Instead of making glib remarks, try thinking about the reality of being a victim.

Being from one of the "posher ends of town", maybe you find it difficult to empathise with people who have to actually deal with these situations as opposed to just forming your opinions from the safety of your armchair as you peruse The Guardian.