First Mainline strike thread

Best start training for that long walk up Stannington Road again :rolleyes:

so is their a bus strike on then or not?, not that i am bothered either was because i am off to Lanzarote at the end of May anyway :thumbsup:

I have just heard from a very good source at First Mainline, that bus drivers are to strike again over pay disutes!

"Allthough I have NO official proof", I believe my source to be genuine and the information that he gave me precise.......

He states "First drivers are to go on strike sometime over the next 6 weeks, the strike will probably last upto a week"

Matt

I have just heard from a very good source at First Mainline, that bus drivers are to strike again over pay disutes!

"Allthough I have NO official proof", I believe my source to be genuine and the information that he gave me precise.......

He states "First drivers are to go on strike sometime over the next 6 weeks, the strike will probably last upto a week"

Matt

Woohoo, that should make the drive to work less painless! :thumbsup:

Anyone need a lift?:hihi:

This has been discussed before here;) - Don't click. It takes you to this threads first page (this post was made when there were two threads dealing with the same subject).

Bet this one gets merged with the other one;).

See:D.

A topic like this was around last week - some driver on the 75 said something. I know they were having a meeting last week with their Union but nothing yet to say if yay or nay.

I'm royally screwed if they do strike as only their buses come down Halifax Road now. (curse you Stagecoach)

(ah edit: beaten to it)

It is my understanding that unions are in pay negotiations this month. They are proberbally considering a number of options that the drivers will vote on ie work to rule or strike action.

I would like to know how your source knows they are going to strike when drivers have not been balloted yet (as far as I know). Also how do they know how long they are going to strike for when surley they will strike until the demands are met and no-one knows how long First will take to do this if they ever will.

I am not having a go by the way, I am just interested because if what you say is true then it would appear that the drivers intend to strike regardless of what they are offered.

I've removed the text of this post as it was originally in a seperate thread.

If any mod wants to remove it (this post, that is), feel free to do so:D.

i dont this they should have the cheek to strike. Most of the bus drivers are nasty miserable t**** and they charge so much for fare!! Also yesterday this one bus driver had no change in his float (which he should) and he expected people to have the right change and if they didnt he was really rude to them!! Cant wait til i pass my driving test!! x

wonder how many people on here would accept 2p per hour pay rise?????