Moving the bus stop outside Asda at handsworth and new Costa & KFC

It's the traffic that's the problem, not the new complex.

But if they even start to build the complex without sorting out the congestion, it will be even more horrendous.

I work 3.4 miles from home. On a good day, it takes me 15 minutes to drive to work.

On a normal day, it's 30-40 minutes, and the delay is caused by this intersection alone.

(busses would take longer, I'm not brave enough to ride a bike and walking is too far)

Walking is too far? I used to walk that distance and back 5 days a week. It took me a little over 30mins.

Walking is too far? I used to walk that distance and back 5 days a week. It took me a little over 30mins.

That's some seriously fast walking. In fact people do sponsored runs more slowly than that.

Anyboy know whats happened to new K F C at handsworth they started on site about a month ago and now abandoned it bit strange. Site is at side of asda :suspect:

Anyboy know whats happened to new K F C at handsworth they started on site about a month ago and now abandoned it bit strange. Site is at side of asda :suspect:

Revised plans have been submitted and are currently awaiting a decision, the new plan scrapped the gym above and just had 2 units not 3

You can have our local one. We don't want it LOL

There are proposals to move the bus stop currently located outside Asda at Handsworth on the council web site, The congestion that this causes in a morning is horrible and has been for a number of years. There is an email address to tell them what you think and it does say you will be kept informed of progress. I have emailed and also asked for the yellow box to be extended to cover the bottom of Richmond park road while they are at it as im fed up up people blocking the inside lane pulling out onto an already blocked outside lane.

Also the people who think its ok to beep at me for not moving from the lights on Handsworth Road inside lane when the buses and cars are already stopped forcing me to park on the yellow box , you seriously need to read the highway code.

There are proposals to also build a costa coffee and a KFC just behind this bus stop with the entry and exit road being just across from Aldi on Richmond Park Road that will also create more traffic/rubbish

16/03764/FUL | Erection of a two-storey building including 3 No. units at ground floor level including café, restaurant and hot food takeaway, (one with drive-through facility), an assembly and leisure unit at 1st floor level also car parking and landscaping | Land At Junction With Handsworth Road And Richmond Park Road Sheffield S13 8HL

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/roads-pavements/bus-route-improvement-schemes.html

roll on more rubbish!

Good finally an expansion creating more jobs for the local communities. Would you rather live in a ghost town where everyone is unemployed?