Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield Town 17/05/17

Gutted to miss out,especially on penalties...but we were dead on our feet in extra time...Lee,Hutchinson,Pudil & FF all been out a long time with injuries all struggled as the game went on..

Having said that we had enough chances to win the game... but it wasn't to be...

Udders played well after they equalised ..i hope they go up.

I said from day one we didn't need Rhodes,to bottle taking a pen for someone who is going to cost millions isn't on.

Have your 5 minutes and enjoy it, I've enjoyed two good seasons with only a disappointment at the end and I'm already looking forward to the next one, as I've stated before I'm not too bothered about the Prem (look back on here you'll find the quotes) as long as we are competing at the top of our given league I'm pretty happy with that, a lot of teams would swap places with us.

I don't know about quotes regarding Premier League but what about this one you came out with regarding Huddersfields chances?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11473553&postcount=22

How much did you lose with that bet? :hihi:

I don't know about quotes regarding Premier League but what about this one you came out with regarding Huddersfields chances?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11473553&postcount=22

How much did you lose with that bet? :hihi:

If I got every prediction right I'd be a permanent fixture in the bookies. I also predicted Barnsley would fade away so 1 out of 2 is fine.

Wednesday didn't seem to want to go in for the kill against Huddersfield. I think taking Fletcher off may have been the mistake.

Town did well though, they play some decent possession football they just lack quality in front of goal.

Wednesday didn't seem to want to go in for the kill against Huddersfield. I think taking Fletcher off may have been the mistake.

Town did well though, they play some decent possession football they just lack quality in front of goal.

Fletcher was knackered but Rhodes offered nothing nor did Forristieri , Huddersfield with a decent striker would have seen us off by half time

---------- Post added 18-05-2017 at 13:06 ----------

I said from day one we didn't need Rhodes,to bottle taking a pen for someone who is going to cost millions isn't on.

We didn't need Rhodes ? our other 20 goal a season striker being ?

Forestieri should of been moved onto the wing either to replace wallace or in the second half, he isn't cutting it as a striker. The midfield needs looking at in the summer, especially the wingers. Id tell him he'll be used as a winger next season, if he doesn't like it as much as I like forestieri I'd consider letting him go.

Maybe if owls played to Rhodes's strengths and give him some service you would be going to wembley. Hes wasted on you lot and deserves better.

Maybe if owls played to Rhodes's strengths and give him some service you would be going to wembley. Hes wasted on you lot and deserves better.

Very true , wish we could afford Leon or Ched now that would send chills through the division

:suspect:

Hang on a bit here!

I don't want to start an argument but...

... if it's true that he refused to take a penalty when his club needed him to stand up and earn his wages, then in my opinion he's put his own needs before those of the club and deserves nothing and should be got rid of asap.

And that applies to any player at any club... :|

Hang on a bit here!

... if it's true that he refused to take a penalty when his club needed him to stand up and earn his wages, then in my opinion he's put his own needs before those of the club and deserves nothing and should be got rid of asap.

Interesting opinion from a Blade going on recent events lol hes hardly played before he came to us hes out of form and didn't fancy it , move on , we didn't get knocked out because of that we didn't do enough in normal time

Hang on a bit here!

11 players on the field only 5 can take the initial penalties 6 miss out, why not slate the other 6. I bet Simmo wished he'd never taken one.

Interesting opinion from a Blade going on recent events lol hes hardly played before he came to us hes out of form and didn't fancy it , move on , we didn't get knocked out because of that we didn't do enough in normal time

:hihi:

I don't get it then...

... football is supposed to be a team sport.

A team is made up of individuals who are supposed to be working together to achieve their ultimate goal.

Anyone who puts their own needs before the needs of the team is not a team player, and is not someone most managers would put up with.

Maybe Mr Carlos should have insisted that Rhodes took a penalty then?

Maybe that is his failing - he is too nice a guy and lets the players do what they want?

If you accept that it's OK for a team member to let all the other members down by bottling out just because he "didn't fancy it" then you're on a very slippery slope.

Someone else had to step up and take his place don't forget.

What would have happened if all 11 had refused to take a penalty because none of them fancied it? You see my point? :)