Who is your favourite antique expert?

Most of the antique experts are well-informed but James Lewis and Charles Hanson are favourites of mine

Christina Trevanion without a doubt. Not particularly for her antiques knowledge though.

• Haha 1

She is gorgeous, and has a nice manner

I haven't really got a favourite, although I have got one who I don't like.

Natasha Raskin Sharp....... she gets on my nerves. :gag:

I can understand that, she's very full on:hihi:

I can't stand Anita Manning's gushing voice

They both seem nice people though

Christina Trevanion without a doubt. Not particularly for her antiques knowledge though.

Another vote from me, what a lovely smile and pleasant manner.

But for knowledge of antiques I would say Paul Laidlaw.

The person I find most annoying on antique programmes is Paul Martin, the bloke's so ignorant always interrupting and you can tell by his manner he's not listening to whoever's talking when he's asked them something.

Paul Laidlaw is knowledgeable and fun.

I know what you mean about Paul Martin, at the end of the programme he uses his arms to sort of brush the others aside, the other experts daren't speak, and if he says 'quality always sells' again I'll mute him in advance the next time.

I've always thought 'Bingo' Braxton looked smug and Charlie Ross told him so last week:hihi:

Mark Stacey and Danny Sebastian to me are the most likable

You have to laugh when the bonus buy is chosen by the "experts" most of the time they loose on it and well done to the contestants who know better and reject it.

Edited by jaffa1

I don't watch antiques progs on the tele very often, so my choice of tv experts is limited. However, Catherine Southon comes across as both knowledgeable and a lot of fun – she doesn't always get it right but is definitely the one I'd prefer to go on an antiques road trip with. Being a lover of painting, I also appreciate the expertise and enthusiasm of Rupert Maas.

Widening it out to the Antiques Roadshow then, it would be Henry Sandon. What that man doesn't know about Worcester porcelain isn't worth knowing. His son John knows most of it as well.

by far james lewis, he is amazing. second paul laidlaw

Anita Manning has 'grown' on me as they say,  likewise Catherine Southon.  it just shows how time can alter opinions.