Businesses in Firth Park

Such a shame that long established businesses in the Firth Park shopping centre are giving up the ghost and closing their doors.

Over the last few months the estate agents have all gone as well as the jewellers shop and the beauticians above it.There were strong rumours in the hair cutting shop that the Bowling Alley would be going too.

The most recent being the fishing tackle shop and come the beginning of next month the Yorkshire Bank will shut for good.

Such a shame ......and please Sheffield City Council.... NO MORE takeaway

licences granted :suspect:

What if you like takeaways?

But according to the Conservatives business is booming and more people are in work than ever before....

It just doesn't add up does it...?

It's the type of business that is changing, not the amount Anna B.

The good people of Firth Park are not using the places that are closing so hopefully they will be replaced by more relevant places?

I suppose if we looked back 100 years (or not even that far back) the shops at Firth Park would have been selling stuff no one wants nowadays.

But according to the Conservatives business is booming and more people are in work than ever before....

its got nowt to go with tories

The shops mirror the people that are moving into and out of the area

Unfortunately though Sheffield is, and probably will always be run by a Labour council :(

The shops mirror the people that are moving into and out of the area

got to be careful here. but I get your point.

I used to shop at Firth park several times a week now its very rarely, if you dont want a charity shop, fill your freezer or get a take away there is really very little left to go for, such a shame it used to be a great little shopping centre...times change!

If / when Ron's dies then it's time to worry.

In fairness, I expect they'll "modernise" Firth Park somewhat. It's always surprised me how there's never been a KFC / Subway of a kind around there.

There's a Subway opening soon if the rumours are true.

I used to shop at Firth park several times a week now its very rarely, if you dont want a charity shop, fill your freezer or get a take away there is really very little left to go for, such a shame it used to be a great little shopping centre...times change!

and put a bet on.