Physiotherapist recommendations

Physio I had on my back at the Hallamshire didn't involve touching, I would definetly recommend going private. Paul Wilson at woodseats Physio is very good

Why is that not treatment?

Physio I had on my back at the Hallamshire didn't involve touching, I would definetly recommend going private. Paul Wilson at woodseats Physio is very good

Why is that not treatment?

Agreed. Physiotherapy isn't about any magic solutions; pills don't cure you, massages might make you feel better but they don't cure you either. A good physiotherapist needs to get the patient doing the right kind of exercises so their body can heal itself.

would people recommend seeing a private physio as opposed to one at the hallamshire?

For speed, yes.

I recently had a bad bout of sciatica and the physio I received benefited me a lot. I was able to get back to work fairly quickly.

I was able to chose to go twice a week starting immediately, I didn't have some time serving incompetent telling me when the NHS would deign to treat me.

I could claim it all back off my Westfield plan as well, so it didn't cost me anything in the end. :D

I went with Sheffield Therapy Centre at Gleadless Townend. Nice place, very friendly staff.

I have been suffering with pain and stiffness in my achilles tendons since dancing all night 6 weeks ago. It's obviously not getting better on its own- in fact its feeling worse than ever now and I need some expert help because I am now hobbling on the flat, not just up and down stairs!

Any recommendations?

What area are you in?

I use a lady at worksop,

Blizard physio at Doncaster are also good for sports physio

Edited by jennycakes
Typo

Can recommend Katie Bell Eccelsall Rd, this physio is excellent, I have visited her for back problems and my son suffered for years with a knee problem which she cured with one session.

Mark Rowe

Sheffield Therapy Centre

Telephone:

0114 2390022 - Gleadless Branch

500 Ridgeway Road

Sheffield

S12 2JX

0114 2336309 - Hillsborough Branch

Within Hillsborough Sports Arena

Off Middlewood Road

Sheffield

S6 4HA

( http://www.markroesportsphysio.co.uk )

Wright Therapies

12 Bramshill Close, Sothall

Sheffield S20 2QQ

Phone:0114 247 7571

I and my husband were treated by Nigel some years ago and since we are without problems. Can only highly recommend.

Edited by canalforall

Preferably in North Sheffield (Chapeltown area).

It is for a trapped nerve in my neck/shoulder. I have seen my GP and been referred, but I'll have to wait 4-6 weeks on the NHS.

I have Westfield cover, so can anyone recommend a private physio?

The pain is irritating me already after just 2.5 weeks, and it's a recurring problem.