Gumtree Nigerian scammers it's a joke

Anyone else tried selling a phone on gumtree all I get is stupid Nigerians trying to scam it had phone on 2 days had 11 scam attempts all Nigerian think gum tree is a joke

You get plenty of people moaning about eBay and PayPal and fees, but those fees actually give you protection. The alternative is Gumtree etc and see above!

You get plenty of people moaning about eBay and PayPal and fees, but those fees actually give you protection. The alternative is Gumtree etc and see above!
..........isn't Gumtree owned by Ebay?

Yea eBay bought the company ages ago, but there's even less care given to deterring scammers.

the scammers are not very clever anyone who gets caught must be even thicker??? text come through from a no reply number with an email to reply to and then an email conversation ensues to wind the idiots up.

the scammers are not very clever anyone who gets caught must be even thicker??? text come through from a no reply number with an email to reply to and then an email conversation ensues to wind the idiots up.

I've spent 40 mins winding last one up they get annoyed in end

Anyone else tried selling a phone on gumtree all I get is stupid Nigerians trying to scam it had phone on 2 days had 11 scam attempts all Nigerian think gum tree is a joke
Come on mate, I've seen you trading electronics on here for long enough (as I have ;)), that you should know better than using Gumtree for <anything at all>!

Shpock is where it's at (for now, still) :)

In what way were they trying to scam you?

In what way were they trying to scam you?

Wanting me to post to Nigeria before PayPal would release funds PayPal page was a scam though

I've spent 40 mins winding last one up they get annoyed in end

Hi Munster

Have you ever looked in on 419 Eater??

It's the biggest scam baiting site on the net and is hilarious!! I once got carried away whilst off work and spent three days solid reading the scams and how they teasted the scammers!!! :hihi::hihi:

Biggsy :D:D